Thread: Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 Memory Leak & Loud Static

Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 Memory Leak & Loud Static

I 'm pretty disappointed with the instability of some apps under Karmic . It was already the case with Jaunty, and nothing has changed. I'm talking about Firefox , epiphany -webkit and Amarok . They plant regularly and if both are open at the same time , the crash is guaranteed! roll, I have a fresh install of Lenny with Openbox , and here I must say that it's a formula . Anyway, I will keep Ubuntu as the distro that I know best and I 'm still a little effort , but a serious hunt for bugs and memory leaks would not hurt. Please suggest,

Re: Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 Memory Leak & Loud Static

If you do not use PPP updated ATI drivers (for info: ppa : ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates ). So my version of the current drivers is 10.6 ( Driver Version : 8723 ). Reading an article on Webupd8I found my happiness.
    Symptoms of the bug with ATI drivers are :
    * Some latency / slow (1 or 2 seconds of freeze in reality) in maximizing , minimizing windows , the ALT + TAB , put a window in full screen, resize windows
    * Management of Memory (RAM ): The secondary problem is that you will notice a memory leak and / or a problem clearing memory.

Suffice to say that the choice for an OS infuriated that crashes regularly or stain the screen system errors may be heavily weighted in favor of Ubuntu 9.10 especially since the price is quite appealing as free ( is possible). Ubuntu FreenewsSo do the test just like me one day , download Ubuntu ( Other versions such as Kubuntu , Xubuntu or Edubuntu make some arrangements ) and try without any risk or commitment with the Live CD does not install that RAM.

Moovida, formerly Elisa , Is a beautiful media center WHICH IS perfect setting for a Home Theater PC ups ( HTPC ) or TVPC like the Neuros Link and it uses the GStreamer multimedia framework to Support Almost playing "any kind of file .
    Code:
    sudo apt - get install Moovida
    Applications - > Sound & Videos -> Media Center Moovida.

To configure the KDE graphical effects , I use the desktop cube (only shift when I change desktop) , Plasmoid (monitor ( consolidated memory , proc, temperature and traffic on network ports ) , a wallpaper that changes every the 2min , window gelatin (but I never used my windows are usually full-screen ) , 4 offices , the taskbar that appears when the cursor reaches the edge of the screen, and transparency. You can not tell you specify for the last time I spent 3 hours making a kill, resettlement packages , the conf file , maid , etc. , without finding any solution.

You need to use malloc() allocates size bytes and returns a pointer to the memory allocated. The contents of the memory area is not initialized . If size is zero malloc returns either NULL or a unique pointer that can be subsequently increased to free() With success. free() frees the memory space pointed to by ptrWhich was reached at a previous call to malloc(), calloc( ) or realloc() . If the pointer ptr was not obtained by one of these calls, or has already been released with free ( ptr ), the behavior is undefined.