Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-09-2010

Keychain issue with two different AFP shares on same server Leopard

I am suffering from key-chain issue. I am having multiple shares on the server which are using the different authorities. I have some example below:
  • afp://server1/share1 (username: user1, password: password1)
  • afp://server1/share2 (usenamer: user2, password: password2)
The problem is that when I save the password to the share 1 in the key chain I will not able to connect share 2. What to do to sort out the problem. Any idea to solve this issue?
Old 18-09-2010

Re: Keychain issue with two different AFP shares on same server Leopard

I guess that the key-chain is trying some-other credential for share one automatically. Which results in failing the authentication. To get the desired solution I think you should change the password for share 1 from key-chain. I think this will make you to sort out the issue. try this.
Old 18-09-2010

The problem seems to be related to the server which is not dealing well with the caches which are stored in the home folders on the server. After searching a lot on the net I discovers that If you redirect the catch folder to the local machine I guess the issue goes away. Try this you will definitely get solution.
Old 18-09-2010

I am not getting the logic that how this is handled by osx on windows side. As you are not able to connect one host with tow different names. As per system policies they are not allow this type of connection. To sort out this issue you should connect with tow different users and you should clean the group and the users which makes you access right done.
Old 18-09-2010

I was having the same problem with my server. This problem can be tackle if you type in the full path I think it works fine. I was using this to connect the system networked drives at work. You need to add it to the favorites and after this you should be all set. I think this will be helpful to you.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,