Thread: Fix for MAC OSX download to desktop

Fix for MAC OSX download to desktop

In the older version of Safari (2.x), the downloaded file directory will be change by one. When I tried to open a file like PDF, WORD, .TXT file etc, Firefox will save a file in to the desktop. The other browser will change the default location for Firefox. But in the case of Safari 3.x, it not happens. Firefox will automatically update saves to the desktop. Any fix of this issue??

Re: Fix for MAC OSX download to desktop

To fix this problem, I would suggest you to download “plist editor” or “PListEdit Pro”(I used this one, it works). And edit the ‘com.apple.internetconfig.plist’ file (look for the download Folder key under ic-added) for the Safari (2.x). If you see “Alias”, as the key as type, it will show an plain-text. You can then edit the directory to make Firefox save the files to the location of your choice.

The solution really works for me.I also had an that type of problem. I have now done the procedure you described in your note and tested it both with ‘Firefox’ and ‘Thunder Bird’. The files are now open automatically and not in my desktop. All files are being saved into my designated downloads folder. Thanks for posting this note.

The fix is not working here. This problem started few days ago, files that are downloaded appear on desktop momentarily, then shifted automatically to the downloads folder thar I've set up. This happens even after I've deleted Safari's mentioned in other post plist set the download path in safari(Tool>Option) after that, created a plain blank in Firefox, and set the download location there too. It’s simply Irritating. Any idea?