Thread: How to create a bootable CD/DVD from a DMG?

How to create a bootable CD/DVD from a DMG?

I am using Leopard 10.5 on my laptop from a long time and there was not a problem but now i want create a bootable DVD from the DMG files. When i have purchased the Leopard 10.5 i have backed up the disk on my computer by creating a disk image of it but now the DVD has broken down. Sp, please any one provide me with the method of how to create a bootable DVD from the DMG files.

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to create a bootable CD/DVD from a DMG?

If you have made your .DMG file properly then you have really done a CD and DVD master in the Disk utility which further have created a .cdr file after that you have follow the these steps as in the toast go to the Copy from the image file and then you have drag the .dmg in to the toast menu. After that select the red button available there which will start the creation of the bootable CD/DVD for your Leopard 10.5.

The bootable DVD can be easily created by using the disk utility, you just have to go to the Disk Utility after that drag the .dmg file into the list of the volumes which is located in the left pane, then highlight it and finally select the burn option and click on the burn button to start the process of burning the DVD.You will get the bootable solution from these process for sure.

The most simple solution to these issue is that you go for a new copy of the operating system if you are not able to the burn the disk. These DVD's are available on the apple stores and on the apple websites from where you can buy them these will be a good option to use the genuine copy of the operating system.

There are a number of ways by which you make a bootable DVD, these can be done by using the Toast application or the Disk Utility and the best option if you don't have two of them is through the terminal . You just have to install the software mentioned above and drag the.dmg file in that and start the process of burning. These will resolve your problem of the bootable DVD and you will have the copy of the OS.

If you get a frequent error in the creating the bootable DVD then there is a problem in the .dmg file that you are using. So to overcome these issue you have to take the image or another DVD from your friends or any other source that has the DVD and then make a copy of the DVD these will help you to create and have a copy which can be used in the future.