Thread: Computer shuts down after 15-20 minutes when in use otherwise is fine

Computer shuts down after 15-20 minutes when in use otherwise is fine

I wanted to expose my problem, a few weeks my desktop compter which is installed with windows 7. I do not know how or why off dramatically. It happens in practice when it wants but most of the time it turns off after 15-20 minutes after i restart the system. Eg play games after a 13/10 minute off, do a scan with NAV 2004 and still goes off after 10 minutes. Then normally the Internet with Yahoo Messenger and after 30/40 minutes off this time

Re: Computer shuts down after 15-20 minutes when in use otherwise is fine

It appears as your system is severely affected by a virus and hence i would suggest you to remove this virus using a good antivirus application on your system. This will definitely help you to get this problem resolved. Most probably i would recommend you to use the Microsoft Security Sssential application on your system. If you want you can download it from the following link Microsoft Security Essential

If you ever happened to you that your computer is turned off suddenly and frequently, and do not know what to do, you're probably very frustrated by this uncomfortable situation that occurs so everyday , as calm that all this will change now. They are usually problems overheating processor (CPU ), this means that the preventive mechanism (automatic) turn off the computer processor.

However, going deeper into this issue , what causes the overheating of the processor Bad ventilation, of course. Maybe the fan (called sink or fan cooler) Is not functioning properly, and is not cooling. It may be because of the dust that is clogging the fan. The most efficient solution is to give you a fitness to them , clean with a vacuum cleaner, brush and leaving them as if they were new.

Have you installed any physical component again? " graphics accelerator cards ? TV Capture " ? They may have compatibility conflicts . Try removing these new components, to see solved. And of course it is not always for reasons of hardware Again, could also be because a component in your computer already has problems.

What could be done is to verify that a component is damaged , testing it in another. Moreover If you have two RAM modules , try removing one and using the PC to another, and so on. The idea is to discard what causes the problem. Remember that the physical components are delicate , very careful and on your own risk.

Try to isolate the problem. Maybe startup on safe mode and try to observe if it still shuts down without doing nothing, if it does then it may not be a virus but a hardware issue.