Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-09-2010

Windows 7 Crashes when Printer Wakes

I am using windows 7 in the system. I have an HP LaserJet P1007 Printer which is connected to the system via an USB. I an facing a problem that whenever I am trying to print from the printer windows 7 gets crashes. It happens immediately when I press the button on the printer to wake it first and select print option to print the program from windows 7. I don't know if this is a Windows problem, a printer problem, or a problem with the USB ports. Any help is appreciated.
Old 17-09-2010

Re: Windows 7 Crashes when Printer Wakes

I think this is the problem related to the operating system. I would like to suggest you to boot the system. I also suggest you to check that all the drivers are installed properly or not. See if all the drivers are updated at the time of attaching the printer. Also check that the USB connection is proper or not or if it is working or not. Try checking all these.
Old 17-09-2010

As you are using the HP printer and windows crashes down when you want to print something from windows through the printer. It looks that there are some fault in the printer so it will be beneficial for you if you go to the HP support for this help. I think they solve your problem very well and easily.
Old 17-09-2010

I would like to suggest you to check If it may be some software problem. If it is a software problem then it can be sort out by booting the system. I think this will work after booting the system restart system and check if the problem is gone. If the issue is still persist then try running the printer troubleshooter. Which may be helpful to you.
Old 17-09-2010

This issue can be healed by running printer troubleshooter to the system. I am giving you the steps for the printer troubleshooting:
  • Click on the start button.
  • Open the troubleshooter.
  • After this click on the control panel.
  • Type troubleshooter in the search box.
  • Now click on the troubleshooting.
  • You will get this option under the hardware and sound.
  • After this click on the use printer.
Old 18-09-2010

I think you should pull off the power from both the printer as well as from the wall. After this wait for two minutes and plug it back to both. This will reset both the printer and the power supply. This may be happening due to these things try doing this may be helpful to you. If this is not working then I would like to suggest you to go to the HP support.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,