Thread: Reinstall Tiger on iMac refuses the original DVD

Reinstall Tiger on iMac refuses the original DVD

I have to format and reinstall an iMac Core Duo 1.83 Inter and I have original DVDs of Tiger. The iMac rejects the DVD and every DVD I inserted (install2 photos and DVD). It seems to accept cons CDs (audio). In short, is it possible to go through the drive of another Mac in the network (I have an iMac SLEO right side), and an Ethernet cable. I just want to know the reason why it is refusing the original DVD.

Re: Reinstall Tiger on iMac refuses the original DVD

Sharing between two iMacs running, I see the old, the DVD inserted in the new. By cons when I click the install, I get this message (from memory): "Unable to install with this DVD, thank you for using the original DVD. I reinstall that thing again with the DVD that came with the iMac. So if you are having the DVD then it will better to install system from that system.

I know this is the stupid question but then also I need to know how to proceed for this. By mounting the DVD and click on the icon of the installer? If so (it happened to me recently), attempts by starting the iMac with the "alt". It must of course connect the two Macs before in FW and start the other Mac in target mode or try the reverse: start the iMac in target mode and try installing from another Mac.

I had forgotten how target. It remains to know which of the 2 to target ... the old, and then install the OS on SD since new, or vice versa? Cons by the new has not the same as the old FW connection, there are cables that allow connection of an old iMac in FW and a new iMac? In the worst case, I can make the manipulation of the MacBook, I think it has the old connections.

The simplest way is to use the USB DVD player, if that does not work for you then only way left for you is to put the iMac in Target mode and then plug into the MacBook. Install CD with Macbook not those of the iMac PCQ they will not walk PCQ machine that works is the macbook. The installer of the DVD will identify the iMac and MacBook will not refuse to install.

Thank you for the information that you have provided but the problem is that I do not have any external derive. It would suffice to recover a reader / writer on a Mac and put it in a box to make it an external. If I understand correctly, to install an OS "iMac" on a "MacBook" just move the MacBook and install target on his DD from the iMac. We need the DVD matches the source MAC, not Mac recipient?

Here is the perfect solution for the problem that you are facing MacBook Install DVD in = "Firewire =" iMac mode target then SD iMac mounts on the desktop of the MacBook. Installation with the MacBook DVD SD iMac. I am sure that this will solve your problem; if you have any other issue then let me know about that. I will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.