Thread: vmware converter saying destination drive insufficient space

vmware converter saying destination drive insufficient space

I am tying to create a Windows virtual machine with VMWare Workstation. In my system the hard drive has increased to the size of 2 GB as and when required. I want to know that does is it possible subsequently to reduce the size of the hard drive. If yes then how and what can be the impact of the same on my system. Does it will slow down the virtual server. Thanks.

Re: vmware converter saying destination drive insufficient space

I think so that might create issue on the system. Here I had struggled with a virtual machine because it was slow really very slow. And yet I had increased the RAM to 2GB, more so right now my position is 4. I had before started with 512 MB of RAM and the server was very slow. Now what I know that to run proper applications you will need a good amount of ram and hard drive space.

I think in Vmware the drive is set to maximum size, so it will grow as per the priority. You can say that it will increases to 2GB every time, it means that every time you create a file of 2GB right. If this proper then due to this the driver is split into a disk of 2GB to save the files and when the same is gone your file space is saved. For that you can check the disk management utility.

This really does not matter if you have a good space of hard drive like 500GB or 1TB. It is also true that when you try to reduce the size of the disk which has virtual driver. But also it make make substantial manipulations on the operating system which is running on VMWare. So that can cause issue or make it slow. This is possible for that I will recommend you to use the disk utility tools like disk cleanup or disk defragementation.

I installed vmware fusion on my mac, then setup Windows XP on the virtual machine. Everything went fine, but when I installed windows with my cd and my key, I unfortunately did not allocate enough memory for the Windows. Now after when the setup is done I cannot do anything in it, or install my software fully. Here what I am trying to find is that can I delete my Windows XP virtual machine, and I start my installation from the beginning by allocating more gigabytes to windows. But I worry about the license key of my Windows.

I am also having same issue with the vmware machine. In the settings of disk I did not pre-allocate disk space and yes I had splitted to 2GB files. I do not really know why increasing the size of the disk in AC settings to alter the C drive where Windows is installed. I hope it's not trying to erase my hard virtual and try to re-install the same. I will try to split the same.

I have not tried the same but this might help you out. For that right click on the Desktop > and then choose Manage >Disk Management. For that click on the new disk which you had added and then try to re-partition it. This might be the best way to wipe out the vmware disc immediately and the ad a new one. While the time of installation try to use the automatic settings.