Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-09-2010

Windows 7 Screen Rotation : Fail on R1F

I have Windows 7 running on my computer and I have just installed RC and I found that the Screen rotation is not working. One of my friend told me that I should install latest Vista Driver and it will start working But I dont want to do that. Can you give be some better idea other then this. I would like to hear any solution from you. Please post your suggestion. Thank you.
Old 16-09-2010

Re: Windows 7 Screen Rotation : Fail on R1F

In case of most of the tablets are determined by the manufacture's software. You can not do anything to it. Unless asus released a Win7 beta version for their software and the Driver. You must use Vista one. According to me this is the only option available for you. You have to go for the vista. Why dont you like Vista. Your friend is right and you should listen to him.
Old 16-09-2010

Normally your graphics driver determine the screen rotation. It is not always with the software. I am not sure about Intel GMA Drivers whether it supports the rotation or not but most of the driver I know supports the rotation and they don't need any software to install.

There is the entry (kit3022.inf) in the Lenovo Intel Graphics inf for the gma 965. Those inf control gets written to the the registry and that will turn your screen to rotate.
Old 16-09-2010

You can install iRotate software. It is a free software and uses only 900K of the memory. This will depend on the no of monitors. It will take 900K per monitor. It also provide the hot keys to perform the rotation. I have not noticed any problem with my Windows 7 RC1 on my R1F.

You can go for it. Its very easy to install and will run withou a single problem

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,