Thread: Windows 7 Clean Install Instructions for Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC

Windows 7 Clean Install Instructions for Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC. I downloaded the beta release of Windows Seven , but once the ISO file of 2.4 , I do not know how to put on a dvd in ms dos boot which is what we can do? its disk partitioning Seven to install a part and keep Vista already installed on the other? Please help. Thank you in advance.

Re: Windows 7 Clean Install Instructions for Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC

The BIOS must be set to boot from the CD / DVD 1 (First Boot Device) And the second hard disk (2nd Boot Device) . It is usually the case by default.

If you need to change the boot sequence BIOS:

* To enter Bios must generally press Del / Del or press F2 early in the boot of the PC.
    * If you see a menu BootSelected and set the reader CD / DVD -Rom front line.
    * Otherwise, you will find in the various menus BiosThe line First Boot Device and assign the CD / DVD Rom.
    * After making changes, remember to save (usually F10).

If the disc is blank and you have not created a partition ( unallocated space ), create one and format it as shown on this page: Delete , Create and format a partition. If a previous installation Windows holds the selected partition and you have no personal files to recover, it is preferable to delete the partition and then recreate it and format it to restart on a sound footing . Delete , Create and format a partition. If a previous installation Seven holds the selected partition and you have personal files to recover ( after formatting a forced outage ) , do not delete the partition, do not format : If you have enough space on the disk , directory Windows.old containing all the files from your old installation will be created at the new facility and you can find your files.

Click Drive options (Advanced ) to access the advanced drive options . The new window opens that offers several tools to work on the partitions:

* New: you will create a new partition. The option is clickable if you have previously selected theunallocated space.
    * Expand : To increase the size of an existing partition ( provided you have unallocated space ).
    * Format : will format the selected partition.
    * Delete Delete the selected partition .
    * Upload a driver : allows you to load drivers for RAID or SATA not recognized by Seven.
    * Finally Refresh: will update the list of partitions .

The time has come to choose the partition that will accommodate Windows 7 . Be aware that installing Windows 7 may occupy several GB hard disk . We must therefore ensure you have as much space available before you start such an operation. In our example, the Windows installation is complete once occupied about 5 GB on disk. The worst is over , and once these few formalities completed , the installation program will then begin copying the necessary files on the hard disk . This may take several minutes and require multiple reboots , it is actually the longest part of the installation of the system . Think while you restart the machine must not occur on the DVD , but on the hard drive where the program will complete the installation.

First step is installing a Windows 7 update to a machine devoid of any OS is possible but you can not enable the Windows (not an old license XP or Vista ) . For him to get the pill, just follow these steps :

* Install Windows 7 on the machine
    * Cut the internet connection and prevent any update from Windows Update
    * Go to the registry: Start - > Run - > regedit
    * Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Setup / OOBE /
    * Skip to MediaBootInstall 1-0
    * Close regedit
    * Make "Start " and type cmd to make the icon appear to the MSDOS prompt . Right click it and choose "Run as administrator "( or something like that)
    * In the MSDOS prompt , type : " slmgr / rearm "then make entry
    * Reboot and when Windows 7 is loaded, run the activation program . Enter your product key and activate Windows.

Hey.. u still using the X61t? I am just updating to and adding Win 7 x 64.

XP was working fine for me and I still like it more.. but I want 4G / 8G Ram support so I gotta go 64 it

It depends on the hardware specification of the laptop. You have to check the maximum amount of ram support. Till yet it supports 2GB DDR2 Ram. I am not sure about the exact upgrade you can do on that. DDR2 are old ram sticks and currently those board which has DDR3 rams can run maximum upto 8GB easily. Also upgrades on laptop is costly.