Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-09-2010

OS for Four Dual Core Opterons

I has a Computer work shop and i has a computer for renovation but i am little bit confuse in choosing the operating system. The most important issue with choosing the operating system is that it has a four dual core Opterons. i am not totally sure that all the desktop computers will support the two physical processors but if they support so then which is the best one and why? please reply with the answer.
Old 15-09-2010

Re: OS for Four Dual Core Opterons

These issue can be solve with a server operating system, if you want to use Four Dual Core Opterons for a number of the physical computer system then Windows provides a windows server and also the Linux is good option for these purpose. The important thing that should be kept in mind is that server operating system should be a License version to run in the four dual core Opterons system otherwise it will provide lots of problems.
Old 15-09-2010

As you have mentioned that Windows server and the linux servers are good, i known that Windows server 2008 R2 is equal to the Windows 7. I searched and found that it is very cheaply available on the Ebuyer website where as Windows software usually are very costly. So,please tell what should i do and which server operating system i should buy.
Old 15-09-2010

If you are going to buy the Windows Server 2008 then you are on a wrong path. These is not the software that you require to fix your issue it is a User Client Access License to add an additional user or a number of users to the server that you have already. The Standard License server costs approximately $800 below that you get it then there is some problem in it. My advice to you will be that you go for a Linux server.
Old 15-09-2010

If you want to buy a server operating system with high performance and low cost then the Linux server are better than any other server OS. Linus will allow you to use as many as physical or logical systems (CPU's) that you want to use but with the Windows server operating system you will need one of the server SKU's to use more than two physical CPUs', this will for sure resolve your issue.
Old 16-09-2010

The Linux server operating system is cheaper as compared to the windows and at the same time it is high in performance. If you want to buy a server OS of the Linux then first go to the Linux website and see the list of the server OS and according to your requirements select the server operating system. This will help you to buy a perfect operating system that will suit your requirements.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,