Thread: HP notebook: The recovery partition could not be found

HP notebook: The recovery partition could not be found

I have a little problem with my HP Notebook (dv5-1140eg). I wanted to split my 240 GB system partition into two smaller partitions, but now is my recovery partition disappeared. In a 250 GB laptop hard drive is installed. This was originally divided into two partitions: 1st "C" - about 240 GB large partition was unnamed, here is the Windows Vista operating system on it and 2nd "D" - about 9 GB in size meant partition "HP_RECOVERY" But it cannot be found.

Re: HP notebook: The recovery partition could not be found

I have also tried. Unfortunately, I have the HP Recovery Manager is not an option to save the recovery partition itself. No recovery partition exists and requires the restore DVDs . Anyone here know what "properties" must have a recovery partition? Must be the primary or logical partition? Must be able to boot from it? Can we ever have two bootable partitions on a hard drive?

I have added another PATA HD, and I put XP on it. I overwrote XP bootloader in sight, I restored from XP. Are now on view, I decided, since he did not create recovery discs. I start the appropriate program HP, but it tells me that the recovery partition is not found. Obviously there is still a partition instead. The problem may be that the letter of the hidden partition changed (and now I am sure that this was not the first, but cannot remember which). Is there any other idea to create the disks, since the partition is even if the program does not able to find it on Hp?

With a view to create a partition to d: where does well to save the backup and then restore the right creates a space all its documents and settings on the computer name eg pippoSN123456 etc. open one of those and you have the config file. I am sure that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing. If you face any other issue then let me know.

However in the hidden partition I have not changed at most changed the partition letter. What interests me is if I access the hidden part (eg using XP attacking pata HD) is not there. Qlc exe or in the hidden partition, or a downloadable program that makes it burn? Anyways thanks for the reply that you have given. I will be waiting for another solution.

First of all, login as admin and do the various ideas about properties of programs, so you should get the file bat or exe installer burn by creating a restore disk bot / or installation as a file recovery or installation, than do the bios from cd as master. I am sure that this will definitely solve the problem that you are facing, if you have any other issue then let me know.

I managed to restore the system completely so. F8 on restart I gave me a screen appeared that in addition to start in safe mod and , from scratch and having drivers renamed the C: partition and the OS: the recovery. But creating the recovery discs using the appropriate utilities HP still does not work, then that means that maybe was not my fault!