Thread: A Multiple Partition USB Stick with Multi Boot OS

A Multiple Partition USB Stick with Multi Boot OS

I would like to have an ultimate USB stick with which I can install all the required operating systems.
    Example:
    Boot Menu
    - SLES 10 32 bit installation
    - SLES 10 64 bit installation
    - Knopix Live System
    - Arconis True Image
    It should therefore be on the stick several images and tools I can select when pc start then. Simply create a boot CD and copy the contents onto the USB stick is not, unfortunately. My research led me to a boot loader called GRUB4DOS. However, I have no good Aleit or found documentation that I really understand or help me with my problem. It needs to be there somehow even further. ISO files can specify which appear in the boot menu, right? If anyone has experience or can give information, I would be very grateful.

Re: A Multiple Partition USB Stick with Multi Boot OS

Boot must be on the USB stick. Make sure to rename the kernel files, if they happened to match with those of other Linux distros. Otherwise, the overwritten permanently and I do not think it's so good to boot the wrong kernel. Here is the configuration for acronis
    Acronis TrueImage title
    root (hd0, 0)
    kernel (hd0, 0) / acronis / vga = 794 ramdisk_size kernel.dat = 32768 quiet
    mbrcrcs on
    initrd (hd0, 0) / acronis / ramdisk.dat / s
    boat

I have it manage to at least partially. Have a nice USB stick with various tools. The configuration for True Image goes. However, so are other tools on it as Arconis Disk Director, Hiren's Boot Disk and Suse Linux Enterprise Server? The Images of Disk Director and Hiren are difficult. Disk Director does not have any files that I could specify using kernel and initrd. It's practically a blank image which consists only of boat information (UltraISO does not display files). For Hirens Bootdisk you must first create boot disk. This I create Virtual Floppy Drive NEN floppy drive that formatted as DOS Startdisk and added the files to the Hiren image. But how do I boot with the Grub then?

It is indeed based on content, not file extension. On the subject of conversion: I had thought igentlich that the three programs you mentioned, can. Well, then just awkward: load *. iso in a virtual drive (Windows) or mount it in Linux as a loop drive and then create a CD-copying software an image. Although this is stupid, but better I cannot remember unfortunate.

So I have only a Windows PC available and since I have not found a tool with which I can. "Convert to iso. Img. Where can grub4dos "deal allegedly" iso with. I will convert times on my home Linux VM image. As long as I have gone the other way. It still lacks that you install SLES from the USB stick can. But since I only play for one 1GB stick, I use a first openSUSE 10.3 CD Image. With the following menu.lst entry I can probably boot the installation program.

The image is decompressed on the stick in the directory / SU1030. Stupid thing is that my installer then says "Could not find the openSUSE Repository," and I need to specify only the manual setup in the repository. Let me pick from hard drive, sdb1 (usb) and then / SU1030 and the YAST install program starts without problems. It would of course be more comfortable if it would go so right and you give it does not always have. I have tried many things. The CD extract directly into the root of the stick.

I do not know, it looks like the installation program from Suse is having problem. I am of the opinion that there must be a script for solving this problem. Open the script with an editor and add the repository manually. Maybe it already reaches a certain environment variable to set the path (one would have in / etc about / Environment or / etc / profile).