Thread: Windows 7 Domain Account Lock Out Problem

Windows 7 Domain Account Lock Out Problem

Hello, thanks in advance for your help, I have a problem with a Windows XP SP3 and a domain user. The problem is that when the user changes their password? Log me? in the domain, account blocked domain, until you spend a few every time as Log me? No account of the domain block. The funny thing is that valid, but once this with the session?? n started, your account the domain is blocked.? Can someone help?

Re: Windows 7 Domain Account Lock Out Problem

Well I have already solved. but have not yet ascertained the cause, but hey, I comment as I have solved, if you can think of that may have caused the problem. After verifying that the user is not blocked on other computers and your computer problem? tico no other users were blocked (other than its owner), I removed the profile of this user?? Documents and Settings??

I've given access to your old profile to copy what you want, I have restored the settings of some applications you use (Outlook, etc ...) and you do not, now I can change the lost password? to the Log me? n and does not block the user. PS: The team has no scheduled tasks with this user credentials or other and has no network drives on the user's profile, nor are services run with user credentials in issues

Each time a user enters wrong key is the domain controller which is authentic, verify with the PDC of the domain before you give the key validation error, and then verifying that the key is wrong both domain controllers increase the attribute value of "badPwdCount." This pass and validation of credentials from any domain controller and the PDC of the domain is to verify that the user attempts.

As far as i know the PDC of the domain is in charge of bringing the tally of failed attempts throughout the domain and In turn this role is the one who first synchronizes the key change to ensure that while the original driver does not have the validation key will update the PDC, which ensures that suffered failed attempts to change passwords.

In controlled environments within a few domain controllers and sites do not so much problems, but in case of large deployments we must use the tools to help us. Example the " Account Lockout and Management Tools "that allows us to diagnose these problems. First identify which accounts are locked, for this we must open the console and inside guards or save queries.