Thread: How to keep Vmware tools upto date

How to keep Vmware tools upto date

I am planing to run vmware server on my Linux system. I need some solution for that to keep my system upto date. but I am able to find out solution for that. All I can do is download the new version and upgrade the old one. But as all are aware that updating the same which can fix out most of the issue there. I need some help for indicating the support for the same.

Re: How to keep Vmware tools upto date

VMware Workstation 5.5.3 is an update primarily designed for Linux environments. Indeed, the development team did not give priority to users of Windows. Some experts also believe virtualization that VMware deficiencies should quickly be filled. Thus, the last editor could become a serious competitor to Parallels . Finally, new in this update are reflected mainly in support of new operating systems on one hand as a host system and secondly as a guest system.

This would be the last step in the migration of my virtual environment from vCenter VMware VMware vCenter Server 2.5 to 4.0. I am not going for the much newer model for the same. For that I had already added vCenter Server VMware Server version 4.0 and then migrated to VMware Update Manager. All of our ESX hosts are already in ESX 4.0, VMware Tools can update the virtual machines and take the virtual hardware version from version 4 to version 7.

According to the manufacturer it should be possible with the overflow, execute code on the host system. By default, shared folders, however, are activated in any VMware product. Affects VMware Workstation 6.0.3, VMware Player 2.0.3, VMware ACE 2.0.3 and VMware Fusion 1.1.1 and for each of the previous versions of the product for Windows, Linux and Mac. Not affected are VMware Workstation 5.x, VMware Player 1.x and VMware ACE 1.x.

It is always true that the new versions of the software has more closed to vulnerability and the the attacker's does not get much chances to enter. This will cause the problem is an unspecified error if you do any experimental function on Virtual Machine Communication Interface (VCMI) under VMware Workstation 6.x, VMware Player 2.x and VMware ACE 2.x, communicate with the host systems with each other. The error is only found on Windows systems, Linux versions are not vulnerable.

The official company always released new updates for the server software so that you does not get prone to any vulnerability. It is recommended that you must update the same to remove any security issue. My vmware tells me that there is an update available for some time and my intention was to go look on the site. Except that I never managed to find the link to download the update.

I install VMware ESXi 3.5 Update 2 on a server, I will wish to update the system update 4. I am going for the same and that I am trying to do the same with the boot disc of the same. Every time after a current update there are some indication that is provided by the company and you can use the same if you need it. I did not do that because I do not wanted unwanted errors in my system.