Thread: Uninstalling vmware tools

Uninstalling vmware tools

I installed VMWare on Vista but it was not Vista compatible. After I tried to uninstall the old version to reinstall a compatible with Vista. But it does not work and my processor refuses the same function. I got a error message followed by a blue screen and the full system crashed. I searched on Google but I honestly do not found any solution for that. What can I do here to fix this issue. I had installed Windows 7 on the same.

Re: Uninstalling vmware tools

Here is one possible to fix this issue out. The best way for that you will need to copy the setup for the same in the c drive. Then run cmd from the start menu and then run the command C: \ vmware.exe / c. You will get a confirmation box for the same give yes and follow your screen instruction. You might need to re-installation your operating system if there are some extreme errors.

Some time ago I installed on my PC VMWare Player and the set the same for few Linux virtual machines. Everything went ok but at some point I decided to uninstall it gave me error. For that I will recommend you to first re-install VMware Player. You can do that by using the setup file of the tool and then remove the same from Control Panel Add > Remove Programs. Try to run a system cleaner then.

There is one direct way to remove the old operating system what you installed on your vmware tool. Just delete the folder that you have created to install the operating system file. The same lies between the documents or other folder of the desktop. Basic exe files are opened with Windows Explorer 2.0.5 bootcamp partition if you are using a operating system other than windows.

If you installed a VMWare version 4 for a long time ago, used it occasionally for testing of software under various operating systems up to the launch of Windows Vista. Version 5 requires uninstalling version 4. And when uninstalling version 4 is required to some temporary directory where you unpack exeshnik with VMWare4 during its installation, lay the file vmware workstation.msi.

You can look for the path for the same. There is some location where the files are copied and you can then remove the same from there. Then run some registry cleaner which can wipe out the add remove history. I does not know the exact path but it is somewhere C:\documents & settings\administrator\local\temp\_is4c8. You have to check the same properly.

It is correct that when you restart a uninstaller service you might encounter the error message and even your windows will crash. For that you will need to search the registry value of vmware first and then try deleting the same manually. Many time the same work when you re-install the application back again. For that just run regedit and then look for HKEY_Classes_ROOT / Installer / Products / id here / Transforms.