Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to downgrade Sony VGN-FW21E to Windows XP

Operating Systems

Old 12-09-2010

How to downgrade Sony VGN-FW21E to Windows XP

I have bought a new laptop which is Sony VAIO VGN-FW21E and it has updated windows vista operating system installed on it. There are some reasons due to which i do not like the windows vista system. Now i want to downgrade this laptop to Windows XP operating system. Can you guys tell me that is it possible or not and if yes then how to i do it?

Old 12-09-2010

Re: How to downgrade Sony VGN-FW21E to Windows XP

First let me inform you some downgrade rights whcih you would be having while downgrading from Vista to XP.
  • Downgrade rights to offer your customers in switching to upgrade the advantages of both versions.
  • End users can purchase the latest versions of Microsoft software, but can - as in the End User License Agreement provided - continue to use a previous version until they are ready for the upgrade.
  • The end user must give you the downgrade media deliver, coming from a legitimate, licensed version of the retail sector, from an OEM System Builder, or a volume license.
Old 12-09-2010

1) Multi-core processors: XP supports in the home version only a single processor, and many are therefore uncertain whether a current dual-core processor with XP Home can be fully used as well. Microsoft XP Home supports a single (physical) processor with multiple cores. However, we often hear that it still does not work, that only one processor core is detected, and the like.
2) RAM is greater than or equal to 4GB: As a 32-bit operating system supports XP (regardless of whether Home or Professional), theoretically up to 4GB of RAM. Of these, the operating system but can use maximum of 3 to 3.5 GB because the rest of the memory areas of address space for PCI cards "cover". See the article " Who ate my memory? " the MSDN blog (English, layman limited-use).
Old 12-09-2010
Dr. V

If the manufacturer does not provide XP drivers for your laptop, you may find more appropriate drivers, if you are in a similar model with the same chipset, graphics card etc. try. In the eighth case, however, that the name of the component, eg the graphics card to match the last letter with your component. If you're unsure, you just request here in the forum, if someone knows something.
Old 14-09-2010

Microsoft's OEM partners, thus providing their customers with a simplified solution to downgrade from Windows Vista to Windows XP. That is especially important for enterprise customers who buy a PC, including Windows Vista, but Windows Vista will not use the time being. So far, the OEMs had one computer for each license key from Microsoft to request, on the left to install Windows XP. Accordingly, the cost was high.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,