Thread: Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 drivers for Win 7

Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 drivers for Win 7

I am having a new laptop of Sony VGN-FE28h in which I was having Windows XP which later on I upgraded to windows 7. In my Sony laptop there is NVidia GeForce Go 7400. I also went to the Sony website where I could not find any Nvidia graphic drivers for the Windows 7. This graphics card is good enough so I just don’t want to replace it but due to the drivers not present I am not able to use it .So, I need a proper solution to get the graphic driver for my Windows 7.

Re: Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 drivers for Win 7

If you have your motherboard CD with you which has been provided to you from the company then you should try to install the driver which is there in the CD after installing windows 7. Then after the installation just restart your computer and try to update your driver from the windows official website. It might work for your computer and help you to solve out your problem.

I was also having the same problem in my laptop but with the different model number. But I tried out some thing different that may help you too. I went to the official website of Sony and downloaded the drivers for Windows Vista. Then I restart my computer and it seems that the installation of the vista was done successfully.

Even I have tried this and it helped me too to get install the graphic driver install in my computer. But instead of that I also updated my bios .After installation of the nvidia graphic drivers I went for the updating of my bios which help me a lot to install with the drivers in my computer. So, it might also work for your computer.

Dr. V Guest

If you are working on the drivers of your Windows 7 then you have to check which version and model of graphic card you are using in your computer. You can go to the nvidia official website and search for the drivers for the series you are looking and then just don't forget to select the drivers according to your operating system bit that is which system you are using 32 bit or 64 bit.

My friend was having the same problem and having the system of 32 bits. He visited to the official website of the nvidia but was not able to find drivers for his graphic card. Then he went to the Sony official website and went on the page of support and downloaded the drivers for windows vista as the site gives a suggestion that the user to download the vista drivers for window 7. My friend install the driver and it start working now he is using it and not having any problem. Even you just try out it will also solve your problem.

My uncle is having the same model laptop of Sony and when he upgraded his laptop from window xp to window 7 and not able to find the drivers for his nvidia graphic card. He tried to get the drivers from the official website of nvidia for his windows 7 but failed to install in his computer. Then he went to the official website of windows and found out which drivers will match his graphic card and downloaded the nvidia drivers 180.48 and this version supported his windows 7 and now it works well on his computer so you also just try it on your computer it might work for your computer.