Thread: The backup disk has a corrupted file system (0x81000008)

The backup disk has a corrupted file system (0x81000008)

The back up is usually made by me on external hard drives, but since i was trying it few days i was unable to complete my backup, but when i try to check the details i get the error that the back up has corrupted file system,i am even unable to do the scanning since the scan stops in between,so i am bit worried about my data to loosing it so any one please help me to overcome this problem.

Re: The backup disk has a corrupted file system (0x81000008)

The error which you are getting for the backup which you have made on your external hard drive and since you are even not able scan those files, i would like to recommend you that to visit these site http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...isk-for-errors to find the error which you are getting for your external hard drive so the error may be fixed.

The major problem which you are getting with your backup created on external hard drive, it may be solved by making better use of disk error checking tool or try to change the backup settings, you must check the file errors and the physical errors both has to be in automatic mode fixing the error and try to scan so that recovery of bad sectors is done,once your scanning is complete it is ready to make the backup.

As since you like to get backup which you have done on your external hard drive, and getting the error message as The backup disk has a corrupted file system, so i feel that the back up of which file you would like to do is to keep it copied at some other location in your machine,if you have any kind of scanning problem so try to use antivirus such as kaspersky which will be better for you to fix the error.

Hi,

Yes i do favor of Erubiel, but there is another way if the said suggestion didn't work then you can try Kernel data recovery software for the purpose of recovering your data, it will short out your problem.

Thanks
    Last edited by MarkAlter; 13-09-2010 at 05:59 PM.