Thread: Netmeeting replacement in Windows 7

Netmeeting replacement in Windows 7

This has almost certainly been "done to loss" but I did a look for net meeting on this forum and got no hits. Truly, now we are using Net meeting’s Remote Desktop Sharing feature to help us when serving users on our network. It has established to be a very useful tool that our IT department makes use of on an approximately daily basis. What I like about Net meeting is it is very easy to put up RDS when I get a original Windows XP workplace ready to put back one on the "shop floor". Now I am testing windows7and I was wondering what the consensus on what to use when the move to Windows 7 is made, as I don't think MS is going to let us slide anymore with XP, for RDS in a mixed environment?

Re: Netmeeting replacement in Windows 7

I just want to know that is net meeting works properly on windows 7? Actually I have never used it that is why. I think if you go for the windows 7 just for a little bit of time so I think you definitely want to change it by windows vista operating system. Actually I know all these much because my elder brother is in for the Canadian Gov and they used Win2k for the longest time. They now started to switch to XP just a couple of years ago. And he is also suggesting me that vista also not so much stable that is why we change to xp. They seemed to stay a couple of versions behind the latest OS. But when you are dealing with thousands of PC's you don’t take chances I guess.

I think as much I know is that it doesn’t windows vista compatible is not a perfect for the versions of Net meeting. If there is not something which is offered to replace this. Which meets the windows specification? Or whatever it is called in vista I don’t know that. It is not even included in to the windows 7 beta or at least I am not able to find it if it is.

I'm not so blessed, in any case on my residence PC. Windows Explorer would collide pretty frequently but it turned out to be a PEBKAC mistake. I tried out the nvidia drivers for Vista. I uninstalled them and went reverse to the Windows 7 drivers and everything is functioning OK, even on my very old PC. It is not as stable as Linux running on the same box but then neither is Windows XP.By the way, in case you don't know it, PEBKAC stands for Problem Exists between Keyboard and Chai.

I just want to say here that most of the people here which are in service they think like as a mechanic. That is the reason why I often say that It's the loose nut behind the wheel. You might get hold of lucky correct clicking the exe file and attempt XP compatibility, and then right click again running as admin. So that is the reason why I just say like that.

In fact the hot fasten liberate for Vista Net meeting 3.02 I believe it had to be run in NT compatibility form. I tried the whole thing, NT Compatibility, XP SP2 Compatibility, Run as Admin, not anything worked. For all time there was a difficulty with some dll and I finally just uninstalled it. Like I said Net meeting was a good quality fit for us, and I recognized that MS was depreciating it, I was now hoping that we could slide by with it for a while longer.

Yes, other than we turn off RA inside our area and in arrange to use RA doesn't the "remote" require to send you some sort of approval, like an email or something? By Net meeting you immediately make a "call" to the workstations network name and you have a remote desktop session. So I did like that if you want then try this I hope it will help in your case also.