Thread: Windows System Reserved 100MB

Windows System Reserved 100MB

I had an older version of Win7 on a 250GH hard drive, the other day I clean the hard drive to install a retail version of Win7. I also have clean and delete the 100mb system preserve division that windows creates during the installs, but I forgot to format that 100mb system preserve division when I installed the latest retail version of windows 7. Now have a retail version installed but no system preserve division, I have not formatted the 100 reserve division till yet, I have some questions, how to generate the 100mb system reserved partition, and do I truly need it? And Can I recover from windows if still I have a breakdown with it?

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Windows System Reserved 100MB

The Win 7 System has the reserve division of MBR boot files and to Repair My Computer available by pressing continuously F8 at boot up in many cases. If you will post in return a screen shot of your full Disk running drive map, using Snipping Tool in Start menu of your system and adding file using Paper Clip in respond package, then I can able to inform you on the steps which is to be removed from the 100mb and merge into Win 7, or reactivate it if this is what you are facing.

Yeah, first see your partition is just unallocated. So you could just move the C separation to the left, but basically the Windows usually doesn't like it and for that you have to run repair install on your system, almost certainly three times. And in case you need to recover, you would need the installation DVD/CD. And then do the formatting of the drive and start the system.

Hi there you can get clear of this partition if you create a fully one division on your hard drive even if it has a 1TB space in it. Install the Window 7 Operating System but after that install your Win 7 system and then again perform the partition on the disk drive ensuring that the Windows (or "C") partition is checked as active.

Thank you;
    I have performed the step which you have suggested me. But now can you suggest me what will be the next step after doing the partition of the hard disk? Would the further step which you have suggested me will help me out for the installation of hard drive in the computer system properly.

Yes I have another step to solve this problem, as you have performed the first step after that see your separation of hard drive is presently unallocated or not. So that you could just move the C partition to the left, but basically the Windows frequently doesn't like it and for that you have to run repair installation on your PC, almost certainly it takes more than one times. And in case you want to recover, you would need to do the installation with the help of DVD/CD. And then do the formatting of the drive and start the system.