Thread: Cant initialize to MBR

Cant initialize to MBR

I am trying to install the hard drive into the system of mine but the partition wizard not allowing me to initialize the MBR. Whenever i go to the Disc option it is grayed out and does not allow me to make any selection. I have formatted the same using the NTFS and wanted to install the Windows XP. So if any one is having the solution for same then pleas let me know about it. Thank you.

Re: Cant initialize to MBR

It seems that you are having the corrupt CD for the program that you are running with the Partition Wizard. If you change the Live CD for the same then might be possibility to work with the partition Wizard. So if you can then follow the same and see whether it is working for your issue or not. Thanks.

I think that you should use the Disk Management Tools for deleting the current volume and install the latest volume with the New Volume Wizard. It will automatically initialize the MBR to the system as it is default and did not ask for the initialization of the same. So follow the same and let me know about working of the same.

First of all thanks for the reply that you have given me regarding the issue of mine and i have gone with the Disk Management Tools and it did not ask me about the MBR initialization. I think that i am now ready to install the Windows XP. I will go through the installation process and let you know if there is any more issue with the same.