Thread: Sony Vaio Battery Care Function in Windows 7

Sony Vaio Battery Care Function in Windows 7

On my Sony Vaio laptop I was having Vista at first. After that I was having some issue with the battery, to overcome this, I started using Sony Vaio Battery care function. This function, used to increase the lifetime of the battery. Now I am using Windows 7 as the only Operating System on my laptop. Now I can charge only to 80 percent. Can you all tell me how can I reach to 100 percent. In Windows 7 when I open BatteryCare.exe, I can not change anything in that Window. Has anyone any solution for this?

Re: Sony Vaio Battery Care Function in Windows 7

I do not know anything what it(Vaio Battery care function) is doing in Windows 7 right now or what it was doing in Windows Vista. The only thing that I want to know about this is, is it advantageous in any way? Has anyone else used this before? I want to know will it cause any problem in future? I do not want to loose the consistency of the battery. Thanks for the help in advance.
    Last edited by Tejapaala; 12-09-2010 at 03:53 AM.

I think you have not tried Sony Vaio Control Center. Under the Sony Vaio Control Center, go to the Power Management, after this select Battery, and click on Advanced. If you can not find it you can make a search for it, you will have to type "Vaio Control Center" in the run box, and I am sure that it will pop-up soon. Also, I would suggest you that it is not going to cause any problem. I have tried it lots of time.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

kAMARAJA, you mentioned that you just switched to Windows 7 from the previous version of Windows i.e. Vista. Did you perform clean install of Windows 7. I think that you are missing on some drivers that you need for the Vaio Care Center, so that it can perform as per the requirement. I am not completely sure but it is just a guess from my side. Also I think that you need to run update for Vaio. Also do check for the compatibility issue.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

OK, in this thread I have seen a lot of discussion on this Sony Vaio Battery Care Function. Now can you all please let me tell how can I enable this function. I think I will myself have to look at this. Also, please instruct me how can I disable this function, if in case it is not working. I am waiting for the reply. Please suggest the steps how can I perform this.