Thread: Win 7 Sleep and Wake Issues

Win 7 Sleep and Wake Issues

Yesterday I left my pc on all night because I was downloading one movie. When I was trying to view my downloaded movie in the morning, my monitor was still in sleep mode. It was stuck there not showing anything. Fan, cd rom, keyboard, mouse was working. I don’t know what is the problem please help me suggest me some solutions.
    Last edited by Jolyn Christine; 09-09-2010 at 05:01 AM.

Re: Win 7 Sleep and Wake Issues

This may be the problem of your graphics card drivers. First you try to update your graphic card drivers then check the video settings. Check it inside Control Panel. If it does not work then check smps or check the voltage, clear the CMOS. This may help you in your problem. You can update your graphic card drivers from device manager from my computers manage options.

I think you are facing this problem because of graphic card driver, update your graphic card or remove your graphic card from motherboard. Then fix it again. It can be CMOS problem. Clear your CMOS with the help of jumper on the motherboard. The jumper has two setting 1)Normal and 2)Clear.
    Moving the jumper from normal to clear setting will clear the settings stored in CMOS.

hi,
    I'm also having the problem of sleep and wake up mode of windows7 but it is little bit diffrent. The problem is that whenever i put my machine in sleep mode after some time it wakes up from sleep mode. I don't know how because neither is touch the mouse nor i press any key from key board. It wakes up automatically itself. If any one have any suggestion regarding this please help me.

You are having this problem because of some programs which are running in system already or due to your network card. To avoid waking up your pc automatically by network card do some simple steps.
    To check your network card properties from the device manager. Then disable the “Allow this device to wake the computer” characteristic.
    Right click on my computer then select properties, click on manage and select device manager on the left side of window. Check for your network card on the network adapter.
    Right click on your network card and select properties then click on the power management tab and uncheck the option there to avoid network card to waking up windows.

Hi,
    I’m having Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. I also had the same problem of waking up. I tried all tricks and tips to solve the problem. I changed the power setting in windows 7 and BIOS but nothing worked until I disabled the wake timers. Since then my system wakes up from sleep without any disturbance.
    Follow some simple steps to solve your problem.
    Go to control panel from start menu then select power option.
    You will see change plan settings from that change advanced power settings in that open the sleep tree section and change Allow wake timers to disable……..
    This will may help you