Thread: External Hard Drive Not Detected

External Hard Drive Not Detected

I have a problem regarding my digital mybook. Currently I am facing connection problem in my digital mybook. Actually in that because of some reason it is not being detected by the windows 7 release candidate. Whatever drivers I have they all are up to date. There is USB connection straight from the mybook to one of the motherboard's usb ports.When I go to Devices and Printers through control panel and then click on the Add a device. Then I get a window that is showing that Searching for devices. And ya sure that it is detectable. And it remain for half an hour and prompt a message to cancel. Actually it is not so much necessary because when I connect mybook it should be connected automatically. But it is detectable on my XP machine. Can anyone tell me any solution of it.

Re: External Hard Drive Not Detected

After reading your thread I am getting shocked. Because If you are connecting your mybook through USB 2.0 port then there should be no any problem occur. Technically it has to find the drive. I have read from one of site that windows 7 is very perfect here if anything like a hdd is not plugged into a 2.0 port. Here I don’t want to offer you And I don’t think that it is a very serious issue. Is there any other problem then post it.

Hey buddy actually I want to ask you here that have you done like this posting before this. I think it is like port issue but then I have replaced it and tried another port. Now it is working properly. So if you can then change this I hope it will also fix your issue. Try it because it fix my issue hope it will work in your case.

I have read all the post from here and I am also facing the similar problem. Now I am getting very much confused that now what to do. I am using currently have 3 External HD and one Semi-External. But the problem is that nothing is working properly. I just mention here that what I have tried all the ports tried on Vista and XP on other machines. I think I have latest of everything. I have reinstalled with them plugged in and not like 4 times. And then I have tried different cable also but my problem is still same. Please tell me what to do?

I am also facing the same matter with my computer. It is not able to recognize the external hard drives. Apart from this issue everything is working fine. In the flash drive and external hard drives which has separate power source but in my case external hard drives without external power source are not recognized. Actually led lights is on in that at the time of connecting external drive but computer is not able to recognize it. But when I do this on the window XP. Nothing is working in my case if you have better solution then tell me.

I think it is happening because of the low power supply which is not sufficient for that. So to fix this issue you just get an USB cable that lets you plug into two USB ports on your computer and its other end is connected to the external drive. And don’t worry you can get those cable at a very low rate.

pixelbob Guest

You may first try to find another USB device and check if the USB port is working properly.

Dr. V Guest

Hey thanks a lot buddy actually I am also facing this problem from last 10 days and I was also posted my problem one of the forum site but from there I have not get the solution. But today when I have seen this then I have tried it on my pc . After that when I have seen that when I connect, it shows that external device is connected I am getting very happy. Thanks a lot.