Thread: HP LaserJet 4L printer cannot print from Windows 7

HP LaserJet 4L printer cannot print from Windows 7

I have a Windows 7 PC at my home. My brother gifted me this latest computer and I want to connect my previous printer to this new computer. The old printer I am having is HP LaserJet4L. I plug in the old printer in my computer step by step in the proper manner and then I tried to get the printout of the printer but it gave me an error message displaying that the document is unable to print. I don’t know what is the problem so I need a guidance to solve my problem.

Re: HP LaserJet 4L printer cannot print from Windows 7

If you are having a Windows 7 and want to install the HP printer on it then you need to have the windows update to have the driver. The HP service center provides the information on its product that which of its product are compatible with which of the operating system. You need to get through your user manual which is been provided by the company.By which you will also get the instruction of setting the setup of your printer.

I was having the same Windows 7 at my home and an HP printer and I tried to select the driver page and then click on the windows update box. By doing this the windows will automatically download the extra drivers from the windows official website. Now, you are able to select an HP 4 series PCL driver. Then you need to setup your printer properly . Then you need to go to the properties of the printer and change the default printer resolution to 300DPI.

My cousin brother is also having the same model of printer and was trying to connected machine through the USB but the windows 7 does not identify the printer. It gives an error message that unknown hardware is found. My brother is having no idea of installing the printer. My brother also attempted to install the printer as the local printer but that also not worked. I need a solution about how I could install the printer on window 7.

My friend is having the HP LaserJet 4L which run very well with the Belkin F5U002 USB to the parallel cable on 32bit and 64 bit machined. I don’t have the idea about which cable is he using but you can try to fix your problem by having a new PCI parallel card . Then download the latest drivers from the company manufacturer site which will help you to get start using your old printer on your windows 7.

I am having the windows 7 on my computer and using the HP LaserJet 4L printer . There is a parallel chip on the machine mother board but I don’t know that I have a PCI card on it or not. You have to check for the 4L driver is in prnhp001 file . I also want to know the what is LPT port on the PCI card. I have also came to know that the PCI card is a device which is related with the computer in devices and printers.

If you want to install an old printer on the Windows 7 you need to check whether that printer is compatible with that operating system or not .To know about that you need to see the user manual . Then you must uninstall the software and install it again but you should make sure that you get latest updated software from the HP support site for the windows7. Once you are done with the setting part of the printer then just plug-in the printer to your machine.