Thread: Deleting boot-camp Win 7 division

Deleting boot-camp Win 7 division

I have a question.... while creating and then removing an Operating System (Win7) separation, restoring the original single-OS X partition layout does not have any impact on my OS X installation, right? There should be no risk for my OS X system, but I want to have your authentication before proceeding with the installation of Win7 on my MBP.

Thank in Advance

Re: Deleting boot-camp Win 7 division

I was feeling the same what you are thinking about but don't see why it would do? for that I had installed Microsoft operating system windows 7 is just fine on my MBP using bootcamp and it works fine? Both OS X and win7, when I decide to boot up in it. I think you got your answer what expecting for.

If you make a decision to remove the bootcamp partition, is the Operating System X partition automatically distended to the actual size? I have time-machine backup and a full image of my HD made with Carbon Copy Cloner... a small OT question: if I lose my HD and reinstall Snow Leopard, then the Time Machine backup allow me to make progress the whole thing or only documents and setting.

The Boot Camp Assistant will non-destructively generate and eliminate the Windows division, leaving your Operating System X separation together. However things can and do go incorrect, so you should always have at least one confirmed backup just in case even with non-destructive partition.

Actually the principle of Time Machine will allow you to recover the entire system. However last time I tried it from bare metal from the Time Machine backup on my HP Media smart server, my iMac would not boot after the restore so I ended up restoring from my Carbon Copy Cloner... backup.

Just a different question about the bring back procedure: let's say that I have a one month previous Carbon Copy Cloner... of my HD, and a Time Machine backup which is restructured every week, can I restore my HD from the Carbon Copy Cloner... backup and then restore more recent data from the Time Machine backup? What should be the procedure to follow in this case?

That sounds like the right, means that you are on the correct way to go. Is your Carbon Copy Cloner... backup bootable or an image file? It makes life a lot easier to have some peripheral device you can be able to boot your Macintosh off of as an alternative of having to reinstall Operating System X from DVD.