Thread: A14 BIOS upgrade problem

A14 BIOS upgrade problem

I wanted to update the BIOS on my laptop, Passage A12 A14, and there it is fourth time that the update is blocked in step "Verifying block 8 of 32". What should I do please? I'm afraid to crash the computer. But I feel that I have no choice. Can you please help me with this? Thank you.

Re: A14 BIOS upgrade problem

Even I did had a similar kind of a problem with my computer. Well I had to unplug the computer and remove the battery to be able to restart. And then it starts properly, and the bios A14 was clearly installed. So, if you need then you can try pluggin out the wire and then plugin again and see if the update works.

I had a problem very similar if not identical on my M17x and hard reboot was the only solution. If your BIOS you reflash, it should work, my Alienware says that the BIOS flash does not work and the suddenly it started working. Really I do not know what exactly I did, but the problem was solved.

Each time, the problem was identical, starts the BIOS setup and nickel reached a given block, more progress. I had waited in vain to stop the disk activity, like 45 minutes, thinking it was a freeze at the display and well in the two cases, the PC has not restarted . So I do not know if there is any bug or incompatibility with Winphlash with one of my software but I think for me the BIOS updates are completed on my XPS 1645, which also makes me grumble because I just get a version A08, which seemed incompatible with QuickSet the last time I tried to reinstall with this BIOS. I had to return to the A07 can be installed (see other post on the subject). One of you has it already met a similar basis points? It should be noted that the last time I had managed the transition from A07 to A08 and A07 back to Windows but with just freshly re-installed, which makes me think of an incompatibility with some third party software.

When I proceed to the update, only winphlash is open on the desktop, it is true that in return I will not close prior to everything that runs in the background, like anti-virus and other but there are so tips launched by default it is difficult to know which to close. I even tried safe mode but it seems that in this case winphlash does not start due to the lack of a service. I go back almost to prefer the good old way in DOS mode with boot diskette Method with which I have never had any problems. That said, this is the first time I meet such concerns repeatedly and I really do not understand why is winphlash would freeze after a certain time (after writing block 41/69 in my last attempt ), I still think there is a pb with this utility. Using Windows 7 32-bit instead of 64-bit comes with the machine could be the cause of these failures?

Some times I had a similar problem (with the A06 bios), computer software in the background (anti virus, google desktop and others) were not closed. For the A07, I closed EVERYTHING except the window manager and this has worked for me. Some times these error are out of my head and can not be identified.