| || |
| || |
Join Date: Jan 2006
Re: bios password Acer Aspire 8935G
For BIOS reset you have to do the following:
- Make sure first that for you, there is no electrostatic charge. It is sufficient if the computer case is handled.
- This board is in general - in the immediate vicinity of the CMOS battery - a jumper block with three pins and a 2-pin jumper. The jumper block is according to the manufacturer with JCMOS, CLRTC etc. labeled. In the manual, the exact description is evident.
- jumper has pins 1 + 2 (default setting!) Off and the pins 2 and 3 put on. Some manufacturers also recommend to remove the battery.
- After about 10-20 seconds, the battery re-insert and the jumper back on pins 1 and 2 must backtrack.
- Close back pc case and power cord back close to the power adapter to connect it. Now if the computer is turned on, the BIOS is put back in original condition (factory setting).
- Since all individual settings are lost or have been reset, the BIOS must be reconfigured, so all the necessary on board equipment, printer settings, etc. are enabled and set.