Thread: CD/DVD Not Working after Windows 7 Upgrade

CD/DVD Not Working after Windows 7 Upgrade

I have just installed windows 7 on my laptop. Actually previously I was using windows xp. When I insert my cd in the DVD drive it was not working. Previously it was working fine but now there is a problem now it is not responding. And now I am not able to open the tray with the switch nor will it eject from the explorer pull down menu. But when I have open drive list and in the Device list and says it's working properly. and when I tried to test it using the Toshiba PC diagnostics tool but it simply shows "skip" for the tests of the CD drive. I am not sure whether it is a driver problem or something else. I don't want to send it in to the Repair Depot because they just took a month to repair the DC input jack. So can any one here who know the solution of it.

Re: CD/DVD Not Working after Windows 7 Upgrade

Ok I get your problem. You do as I said to you. You just turn the system off, unplug the ac adapter, remove the battery, then press the power button and hold it down for a minimum of 30 seconds. Replace the battery, plug the AC back in, start the system and go immediately into the bios to see if it is recognized there or not. Let us know what happens after you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elieis View Post
    Ok I get your problem. You do as I said to you. You just turn the system off, unplug the ac adapter, remove the battery, then press the power button and hold it down for a minimum of 30 seconds. Replace the battery, plug the AC back in, start the system and go immediately into the bios to see if it is recognized there or not. Let us know what happens after you do this.
    I have tried your post on my pc and I am very happy because now it works. Must be something in the BIOS needs to be recognized from a cold boot. And I think I will post on forum regarding this. Actually I want solution on it. But really friend thanks one more time.

Here I want to ask you that I don't know here that why it is happens but I ran into that a lot when I was installing Windows 7 on my L305-S5933. Once I got Windows 7 installed and running it didn't happen any more. Can Anyone help me here on this topic. because of which I am getting very tense.

same days back I was facing this but once I have installed windows 7 and running then this problem didn't happen any more. Actually on my computer it it corrects a lot of problems like this on laptops and desktops. It's one of the first things I try when things start screwing up. So whoever get this problem I think they have to try this. I think it surely fix there problem.

Actually I just want to hug you because I have tried your solution and I am very happy that it fix my problem. Previously I had the same problem for a while, and with my previous Toshiba laptop. Actually most of the advice I have tried but doesn't seems to work in my case. But you are like my star. Thank you

Actually I am very happy that your problem get fix. I have searched a lot on this topic then from one of the forum site I get this solution. Then I have posted here hoping that it help others. And now I am very glad and I also know that it worked. And ya thank for informing me that it works. No problem buddy if you have any other problem so you can share here.