Thread: LMS service cannot connect to Intel(R) MEI driver

LMS service cannot connect to Intel(R) MEI driver

I noticed that I have a process in taskmanager LMS.exe that makes me go the CPU to 90% then searching on the internet I discovered that it is a process of intel processors looking more closely I saw that there is another process lms. exe wrote little. I suspect that the first is a virus. I stopped this and the next time when I reboot I got a error message saying LMS service cannot connect to Intel(R) MEI driver.

Re: LMS service cannot connect to Intel(R) MEI driver

The LMS and HECI are Intel driver and there is nothing to worry about the same.They are called as MEI driver. You can simply get the download from the official site in case if you are getting the error. So you can just run the setup. The same is also available on intel site. Just run automatic update in your system and then check back. It is not a major issue in the system.

If you use any third party drive then that can behave as a virus in the system. For such download drivers from the official source only. Or better use a antivirus. Antivirus companies themselves offer their own online antivirus service to the image of Kaspersky and Bitdefender . You can use these tools to detect viruses and remove them from your system.

The issue with different antivirus is that they work differently and not all virus is detected by the antivirus. For example Bitdefender antivirus will delete files and it cannot disinfected the file. If you have sensitive data potentially affected by a virus then I will not recommend using Bitdefender. The default is Kaspersky just detect the virus and then you can remove it later. It is therefore a effective solution.

Dr. V Guest

Try a online scanner from Kapersky. These online scanners must be used with Internet Explorer to run because they use all the technology of ActiveX controls. Regarding their use, it is very simple because it just go on the addresses of sites with Internet Explorer and follow the instructions on the screen. If that does not work then just install any better antivirus and scan in safe mode.

First of all detection is important so you must use some tool to find the virus. Some viruses (worms) exploit vulnerabilities in applications or operating system, so it is essential to update regularly. For Windows it necessary to run Windows Update. Update your antivirus resident there are some free but they are not strong. You must go for some better internet security.

Unsigned drivers in Windows cause such issue of which you are not aware of. Try to download and install drivers from the official site only which will help you a lot and let your system work stable. There are some very common types of viruses like Trojan that allow anyone to access your computer while connected to internet without you even noticing you. So you must not leave your system unsecured.

Every time something happens on a computer everyone immediately assumes it is a virus. My god, things happen - usually at fault of the user.

It's impossible these days to use Google to search computer errors and find an actual solution because the immediate response in forums is to assume it is a virus or malware of some kind and then run all kinds of pathetic hijacking programs ......