Thread: GA-X58A-UD3R REV2 and Marvell SATA 3 bios settings?

GA-X58A-UD3R REV2 and Marvell SATA 3 bios settings?

Hey friend I have a problem regarding the the MSAHCI driver. Ok I tell you that what is the real problem here. Actually I make a system using a GA-X58A-UD3R REV2 bios FA. But currently I am using a standard magnetic drive for the OS which is connected to the intel SATA 2 controller. But now I am going to get a REAL C300 SSD and I will connect it to the Marvell SATA 3 controller. As much I know that the Marvel controller needs to be run in AHCI mode using the MSAHCI driver for trim to function. But the real problem is that that when the Marvell controller is in AHCI mode in the bios before installing windows 7 after the OS install windows has no driver for the Marvell controller. In last I don’t have any choice choice but to install the Marvell driver during the OS install. Then mine question is that how are people getting the MSAHCI driver to install with the Marvell controller set to AHCI mode in the bios? Please if anyone know the solution of it then please tell me. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R REV2 and Marvell SATA 3 bios settings?

Hey buddy for your information this topic has been discussed in the past on this forum. Even though no problem. Actually the AHCI mode has to be enabled to get the best performance but about the marvell drivers actually I am also not that much sure that whether trim will work or not. For TRIM you can check that if it is enabled but actually it doesn't tell you that whether it is active. Only this much of information I have which I told you I hope it will help you.

Hey, I am also facing this. But I have seen your reply then I tried it. Actually after reading your post I took it there are no MSAHCI drivers in Windows 7 for the Marvell SATA 3 controller? But at the time of test install I have installed the Marvell drivers from within windows 7 and then it would seem there is no way to install only a driver. Then I have seen that there is no need for RAID utilities. So is there any way to solve this?

Hey waht you are asking here I am also not so much aware. Actually the thing is that Marvell drivers are also crap. For bringing up an old point once again the Marvell SATA3 is actually slower than the ICH10 SATA2. But at the time when RAID array is installed but Gigabyte don't seem to be interested in doing anything about it. And getting the speed of 4x in SATA2 is just like a bullsh1t. Only this much I know about it.

Hey buddy previously I was also facing the same problem I thin I will help you as it did in my case. Actually in this not tested with sata3 disks but i think run fine. In this I ahve just use with 2 HPM enclosures with 4 sata1to disk and it's speed is around 160 mo/s. And in this RR622 or RR620 by HighPoint ( 2 ports ) and RAID zero, one, five, ten with 2 port multiple enclosures and the last one is exist also a new models with 4 * ports RR640 or RR644. And It will surely help you a lot. Actually it work better in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielV View Post
    Hey buddy previously I was also facing the same problem I thin I will help you as it did in my case. Actually in this not tested with sata3 disks but i think run fine. In this I ahve just use with 2 HPM enclosures with 4 sata1to disk and it's speed is around 160 mo/s. And in this RR622 or RR620 by HighPoint ( 2 ports ) and RAID zero, one, five, ten with 2 port multiple enclosures and the last one is exist also a new models with 4 * ports RR640 or RR644. And It will surely help you a lot. Actually it work better in my case.
    Hey buddy, Whatever you are saying to do here I have did exactly same but even though I am not getting solution. After doing that I reboot my pc and after that also I am not able to get the solution of this. If you know some other solution then please tell me.

I got your problem. actually instead of doing changes RR622 or RR620 by High Point you just try to make changes in the RR640 or RR644 are PCI-e X4 add-on cards. And it will surely fix your problem. I am sure about this because same problem were happening with my friend also and he also make changes in that and his problem get fixed.