Thread: Problems with WineX on my Mandrake

Problems with WineX on my Mandrake

I installed a rpm WineX on my Mandrake and I admit that I am not used with it. I have Windows XP in dual boot but I prefer that wine created an own repertoire, thanks to the option chosen xinexsetup utility. When I want to start installing a game from a CD or a FCHI on the hard drive I always get the following message :
    wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger
    err: see: Could not start debugger start_debugger ("programs / winedbg / winedbg 134698792 60") (2)
    Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or Another debugger
    err: ntdll: MODULE_THREAD_WaitThreadModuleSafe this should "never Happen.
    err: ntdll: MODULE_THREAD_WaitThreadModuleSafe this should "never Happen.
    and this last message that repeats endlessly. Same if I want to start a program already installed. Please help me to sort out my problem.

Re: Problems with WineX on my Mandrake

I know more Wine, I tested over time, but it was not still very functional. But I think that you must first tested with software standard, preferably a little aged as a Word 97 or 2000. Because the problem may be how are the scheduled games that can sometimes directly with the scheming hard. So first test Wine, and then test the operation of your games on Wine. Finally, I say maybe bullshit (can correct me) I repeat there long as I have not seen running Wine. And there are also games for Linux.

I have a problem of this type. Wine installed games in / home / adrien (me )/. wine / ...ect then in program files. The problem is that my score or is the file system so my home is not great at all, it is just made for the system itself. I would have to install my games on another partition, but the installation of games I did not really have a choice ... It would be necessary. Wine is on another partition larger.

In this case I'll make a score board more important because the directory
    / Home / USER
    is like documents and settings directory under Windows. So you have all your user config in, your documents, your personal config software. Otherwise the solution is to mount a partition in
    / Home / USER / .Wine
    You can link to CRRERIS changing the fstab
    gksu gedit / etc / fstab
    but I can not tell you how to mount the partition I do have the installation with the alternate cd.

Why do not you created a new "player" in winecfg that points to your other partition? And when installing under wine, you indicate the path under the new "drive". Also I would like to say that the game can be installed Indepanda of imitation wine C drive that is in / home / user / .wine. If you type eg z: \ media \ but_second_partition \ games \ FlyFF'll pass, z is defined as the root of your machine.