Thread: Ran registry cleaner program and lost registry items...how do I restore these without a disk?

Ran registry cleaner program and lost registry items...how do I restore these without a disk?

I recently removed a antivirus protection suite program. Upon doing so, I ran a registry cleaner program. Unfortunately, I seem to notice that now I am missing key links to certain functions on my computer and am no longer able to download updates, to communicate with the Microsoft server for downloads and updates, can't use my printer as it is no longer acknowledged by my computer. I am on a network and have no problem doing these functions from my laptop. My guess is that registry items have been deleted. I've tried restoring my computer back to several different restore points, but I have not been successful. I don't have an updated reboot CD and none came with my computer. Is there anyway to restore these items other then to reinstall my Vista 64?

Thanks to anyone who can help or guide me to the answer.

Re: Ran registry cleaner program and lost registry items...how do I restore these without a disk?

Quiet difficult to restore your Windows without Windows Vista CD. However can you still tell us which was the anti-virus program that you had uninstalled from your computer and what was the reason behind doing so? Also which registry cleaner did you used and from where did you downloaded it? Moreover what was the method that you implemented to remove the registries?

Re: Ran registry cleaner program and lost registry items...how do I restore these without a disk?

Most registry cleaning programs create and undo file - usually named as ****.reg

FIND IT