Thread: Mac OS / Xp Boot Camp

Mac OS / Xp Boot Camp

I am looking hopelessly how to repartition the hard drive of my Macbook Pro ( Intel and OSX 10.4.8 )
    _a partition MAC OS X
    _a partition containing the Windows XP system ;
    I wish I could do that because I am a designer and uses software 3D + Photoshop , Illustrator etc. , so I wish I could work enthronement Windows and Mac OS X be in the rest of the time. On or my desire to correctly partition the disk space to Windows destined to optimize the performance. I need answers for how to install Windows via Bootcamp , how to install Windows , create multiple partitions for Mac OS X (via Disk Utility or Terminal ). Please help.

Re: Mac OS / Xp Boot Camp

The resolution are:

1. Restart the computer.
    2. Hold down the Option key while rebooting to run the bootloader.
    3. Select a volume Mac OS X in the boot .
    4. Launch Boot Camp Assistant .
    5. Select Create or remove a Windows partition and then click Restore.
    6. Launch the Boot Camp Assistant and create a Windows partition of the desired size .
    7. Insert the Windows installation disk and start the installation.
    8. Format the Windows partition called " BOOTCAMP " before continuing the configuration of Windows XP . Important do not use the options " Allow the current file system intact ( no changes ) "or "Convert the partition to NTFS .

You can not use an upgraded version of Microsoft Windows XP for one reason only : you must validate your copy of Windows by inserting your original Windows CD , and it is impossible to eject the first disc as the installation Windows is not completed and that the Boot Camp DVD Mac OS X 10.6 is not installed. Boot Camp only supports only Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later , and Microsoft Vista . Managers required to own Apple Macintosh supplied are intended only versions.

You can run this program under Microsoft Windows. To install the drivers , insert the DVD of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard immediately after having completed the installation of Microsoft Windows . The installation program should start automatically. You should install these drivers once. If autorun is disabled, double -click the file " setup.exe ". If you perform an upgrade and Media Four Mac Drive for Windows is already installed , Windows may not recognize the disk Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

The installation is rather simple by following the steps below in the correct order:
    * Go to Applications > Utilities and open Boot Camp Assistant
    * Use the button " Print the installation guide and configuration . You 'll be glad to find it if something goes wrong and besides, you must follow step by step .
    * Start by clicking on " Continue "and follow the steps that you are given .
    * Remember that only the FAT32 format allows you to exchange files with the Mac . That is, when you work on Mac OS X , you can read and write files located in Windows . If you format to NTFS, you can not do that. For cons , the FAT32 partition does not support more than 32GB of space . You must make your choice based on the use you want to do.

The most common problem is the drivers. Before Windows knowledge to use the video card, sound card, network card, etc. ... it should install drivers . These drivers were developed by Apple but are not always obvious to find different versions of Mac OS X you have. If you have the original CD or DVD that came with your computer , the drivers should normally be there. For all other CDs , DVDs "recovered " to the right or left , it gets harder . If you do not find the drivers , a link at the bottom of this post you can download.