Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

RioWorks HDAMA Dual AMD Opteron: Phoenix BIOS is not ACPI compliant

Operating Systems

Old 28-08-2010

RioWorks HDAMA Dual AMD Opteron: Phoenix BIOS is not ACPI compliant

I am having an issue while installing the Windows Server 2003. Whenever i am trying to install 64bit version of same i am getting error message i.e. "Phoenix BIOS is not ACPI compliant. I am using the "RioWorks HDAMA Dual AMD Opteron" and tried making the Windows Home Server 2003 server on same. If any knows regarding the issue then help me with the same. Thanks in advance.

Old 28-08-2010

Re: RioWorks HDAMA Dual AMD Opteron: Phoenix BIOS is not ACPI compliant

It seems to be the issue with the BIOS which might not be supporting the Windows Home Server 2003. To work with the same issue i will advise you to update the Bios of the system and work with the issue. After BIOS update again try to perform the installation of the Windows Home Server 2003 and see whether it is working for you or not.
Old 28-08-2010

I am not sure about the same but can help you with the post which are already targeted on this forum regarding this issue. If you like can go through these post and find the solution regarding the issue which you are going through. So try this out and work with the same.
The BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant!????
The BIOS in this sytem is not fully ACPI compliant
Old 28-08-2010

This problem can be caused by the RAM also. If the RAM is not supporting the installation then you can also get this error message of "BIOS is not ACPI compliant". I will advise you to take down the RAM and then clean the metal part of it with the help of the Eraser and after that install the same into the system.
Old 28-08-2010

You need to upgrade the BIOS system to work with the issue of yours. You BIOS might be Older and not supporting the installation of the Windows Home Server 2003. I have gone through the detail of the same and let me tell you that then BIOS version 2.17 is compatible with the WHS 2003. So download and install the same.
Old 30-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
You need to upgrade the BIOS system to work with the issue of yours. You BIOS might be Older and not supporting the installation of the Windows Home Server 2003. I have gone through the detail of the same and let me tell you that then BIOS version 2.17 is compatible with the WHS 2003. So download and install the same.
Hey thanks to all for helping me out with the issue that i am going through. I have tried the BIOS update to 2.17 and the issue got resolved with "Phoenix BIOS is not ACPI compliant" error. Now i am able to install the Windows Home Server 2003. I think this is just the issue of the issue only.
Old 31-08-2010

I have no idea about the issue which you are going through but let me tell you that the RioWorks HDAMA Dual AMD Opteron is the new one and having the enough functionality. I have found one post related to same which i think will help you with the same.
RioWorks HDAMA Dual AMD Opteron

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , , ,