Thread: Mac compatible DVD burner

Mac compatible DVD burner

Hello,
    Today I tried a DVD burner for Mac. The problem with the whole thing is that for a large selection of burners was no one here who was explicitly identified as Mac-compatible. Is it really so now that no more compatibility problems, even if the system is specified as the only Windows operating system? A salesman said the least, but could be no absolute security. How are you so your experience in this? Respect Which burners are recommended for? Should have a high quality be (Double Layer, LightScribe). And very important - external. For Mac I can not give any exhaustive detail. It is a new mini-mac (approximately 6 months). The burner is to be a gift, and of course there will not stand out with detailed questions. What do you suggest me for this. Thank you.

Re: Mac compatible DVD burner

Basically, the support of the burner must be the manufacturer of the recording software be guaranteed. Question time after from manufacturers for Mac disc burning software. I guess you can use the one which are are taking about.

What must be because there "Mac-compatible '? You write that it is for someone to have a Mac mini. Firstly, I would can as a precaution before nor clarify which version of the Mac Mini has exactly one, because two versions are a drive, burn the CDs and the third (most expensive) version has a 'SuperDrive'. This is a DVD burner. Whether because if the present version with SuperDrive is a DVD burner is really needed? Furthermore, it must be for the Mac Mini, an external drive (as You know), which is connected via USB or Firewire. Be it that You pack a torch themselves in an external case, which is that you buy a complete external drive.

If the Mac Mini Super Drive not actually on board, then you need a small, beautiful, silver-colored. (Mac Minis to buy so only because they are small, beautiful and silver, apart from its other benefits once.

The order of the interface velocities are:

lame: USB 1.1
    faster: Firewire 400
    even faster: USB 2.0
    super fast: Firewire 800

You certainly can not make sweeping statements, USB is slower than FW.
    No offense.