Thread: Is there any offline download link for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta? (Download straight using my own download manager)

Is there any offline download link for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta? (Download straight using my own download manager)

I have been running Windows 7 beta version since its launch and now I want to switch to the final version. I am fedup of the beta versions problems and so thought to upgrade it. But I have heard that SP1 beta has also been released recently. Any one knows where we can download it from? I would prefer to download from offline link. Can you suggest me if there is any offline download link available for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 beta? I would prefer to download it via my personal download manager software.

Re: Is there any offline download link for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta? (Download straight using my own download manager)

Why do you require Offline download link? Why do you want to download it using some third party download manager, why not the one that is inbuilt in Windows? In fact it is safer than any other software. You are sure what you are installing. Why do you think that the Windows ActiveX Download manager will not be good option for you?

Re: Is there any offline download link for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta? (Download straight using my own download manager)

I agree with you and there is no problem at my end with Windows download manager. However, I wanted to use my own download manager because at times I have noticed that my download manager gives better download speed then Windows default. So there is no point in using Windows download manager if I can utilize my network in a better way. Moreover, I just wanted to know if there exists some offline link which can save my time.

First of all you need to upgrade your beta version to Windows 7 RTM. Now since you meet the requirements, you can download the SP1 from Microsoft. But I would recommend you to register in Microsoft site for downloads in order to get the correct version installed. Simply go to http://technet.microsoft.com/hi-in/e.../ff183870.aspx and register yourself for downloads. Once done, you can ask for the offline download links.

Thanks for the information kraal. But I tried to do what you said. However I didn't got the download link. Is it like Microsoft will do some kind of confirmation or something similar, which will consume few days, after which I will be able to download SP1? Can you even guide me how can I get it asap. I can't wait too long to get it.

Ok no issues. If you are unable to get the download link then I will give you the direct link from where you can download it immediately. But first make sure you have genuine Windows installed. I am saying so because this download is only available for customers running genuine Microsoft Windows. This was the reason why I didn't gave you the link initially. Just find the below link for Windows 7 SP1 beta:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b-3a9b77cdfdda