Thread: Windows 7x64 won't boot after switching from gtx260 to gtx470

Windows 7x64 won't boot after switching from gtx260 to gtx470

I installed Windows a week ago on my full Windows 7 x64 black gtx260 to gtx470 and it did not works. Specially in the beginning I struggled to make a bootable cd with bootcamp but it works (I can give you the procedure if you want) then I also a pain to install drivers from the CD x64 (but it worked with the compatibility mode of MAC). Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7x64 won't boot after switching from gtx260 to gtx470

To install Windows 7 (or any other operating system, at least Microsoft) You must select a partition type 'main' and not 'logical', which is not your case according to the image you attach to your message. You need therefore to change the type of your home partition. To do this, go back under your former / current Windows (or if your hard drive connects to a valid operating system) to access the disk manager (right click on icon "My Computer" or "Computer", select "Manage" then select''Disk Management "in the categories of left column).

Skip to reactivate Windows 7 after a reinstall.Microsoft has implemented a new protection against piracy in its latest operating system Windows 7.To use this OS it is indeed necessary to register beforehand with Microsoft (called activation), otherwise Windows will refuse to function fully. The problem is that if you want to reinstall Windows for any reason whatsoever, you will need to reactivate Windows via Microsoft! After you have successfully activated Windows XP, go to the directory C: \ windows \ system32. You should find a file named wpa.dbl you need to copy in a safe place. Now, after reinstalling Windows XP, instead of binding with activation reprocéder through Microsoft, you can simply copy this file into the same directory (C: \ windows \ system32) and the tower will be played. Restart your PC and test if the activation is operational. To do that follow these steps:
    Make, Run and type: c: \ windows \ system32 \ oobe \ msoobe / a
    If this does not work, type this command: oobe / msoobe / a.

Anyway, your license is not an OEM license is a box version. So, legally, you can install on any PC, provided that it is already equipped with a version of Windows. The problem is that the original license of your XP or Vista that you had, it is an OEM license, so you do not have the legal right to reinstall it on your pc after changing the motherboard. So you're not allowed to update your PC legally. Well, not one, but cons, you have every right to uninstall this update and install it on another computer, since it's a box version. Technically, there is no blocking particular, this license will install without problems on any PC.

Check the steps:
    - Boot the windows 7
    - Choose language and following
    - Bottom left click on repair
    - Then he analyzed it will tell you that he saw a windows 7 partition you made after
    - On the menu choice you made the first "repair startup"
    Anything if it gives its formatting or is it just be possible but it is complicated.

There is no need to format. A re-install on top is sufficient. For XP install that first and second fix that. For Windows 7 it should not be very different. It retains all its apps and all the data but it must go through the activation stage (online or by phone). To avoid having to re-install (perhaps only to again) we need the chipset of the new card is the same as the old maps they may not be identical. The only change in the processor may require reactivation. I was recently in trying to refresh.