Thread: How to Hide, Avoid or remove Send on behalf message when sending email through Exchange Server 2007

question How to Hide, Avoid or remove Send on behalf message when sending email through Exchange Server 2007

[Current Scenario]

I have setup Microsoft Windows 2008 SBS Server in My Organization. I am using "Adsl Internet Connection" having "Dynamic IP address". Pop3 connector is configured on My SBS 2008 Server so that users received their internet email & Smart host is also configured so that users send email to external internet domains.

[Smart Host]
    Smart Host: exmail.emirates.net.ae
    Require Authentication: test@abc.ae

[Problem]

Problem is that whenever our users send email to external internet domains, Receiver of other domains receive our message like this "test@abc.ae" on behalf of "George Michael" where George Michael is our user. How we can hide / remove this message and why this message is apearing, whats the reason, even i didnot configure Send on behalf for any user in my domain?

our local domain: dubai.local
    our external domain: abc.ae (for example)

Note:
    our users can send email locally and externally. we set .ae address as their primary email address so whenever they send email to internet domains mails goes from their primary address.

[Previous Scenario]

[Before we had a static ip on lease line and we were using smart host "mailv.emirates.net.ae" and "mail.emirates.net.ae" and emails from our domains goes to external email domains without having send on behalf message. etisalat dynamic ips are usually black listen in many rbl therefore we cannot use "mail.eim.ae, mail.emirates.net.ae; mailv.emirates.net.ae to relay our emails to external domains].

Note:

if you are using other service provide like "Duo" you can use etisalat smart host "exmail.emirates.net.ae" for sending & receiiving emails.

Re: How to Hide, Avoid or remove Send on behalf message when sending email through Exchange Server 2007

I think that you have granted the wrong permissions. You should have granted Send As, not Send on Behalf of. Remove the Send on Behalf of, then choose View, Advanced Features in ADUC. That will enable the Security tab. On that tab you will find the Send As permission. Grant the user that permission instead. It will not be live immediately, Exchange caches permissions, so expect it to be a couple of hours before it is live.

Re: How to Hide, Avoid or remove Send on behalf message when sending email through Exchange Server 2007

i didn't define any send on behalf permission. The message is coming automatically. if i use lease line then i don't face such problem .

You can try the the settings below, this is normally needed for shared mailboxes to hide the send on behalf of. Not sure why it would happen on users individual mailbox.
    1. Click on the Security tab
    2. Click on the Advanced button
    3. Click on the Add button
    4. Type in the Users name
    5. Change "Apply onto" to be "This object only" and check off Allow "Send As" * save changes

Hello jahangir,

I have also same problem. if you have get any solution pls send me

Mr James, where we can change security settings in mailbox

Quote Originally Posted by ss2004k View Post
    Hello jahangir,

I have also same problem. if you have get any solution pls send me

Mr James, where we can change security settings in mailbox
    You can remove the “send as” permission for all the mailboxes to administrator, then grant “send on behalf” permission for “support center” to administrator. What’s the Exchange server version? If you are using Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2010, you could use this command to remove the permission.

Get-mailbox –resultsize unlimited| foreach-Object{ Remove-MailboxPermission –identity $_.identity –User administrator –ExtendedRights “send as”}

Hello Expertz,

Thank you for your reply,

I am using exchange 2010 installed in server 2008 r2.
    Our internet connection is ADSL from etisalat.
    etisalat smart host "exmail.emirates.net.ae" is using for routing in send connector.
    Authentication: admin@domain.ae

regards