Thread: Windows Xp Mode: changing computer name conflicts with integration features

Windows Xp Mode: changing computer name conflicts with integration features

I have windows xp professional on my VM. Everything was going fine. When i am going to launch the virtual machine including integration features operation failed. Virtual machine is not able to do this and flash an error. I am trying to connect with my computer but operation is failed. After disabling integration feature my VM connect with me. What is reason behind it? Will you help me please?
    Last edited by Ojayit; 21-08-2010 at 11:07 PM.

Re: Windows Xp Mode: changing computer name conflicts with integration features

You have window XP Professional on your VM and you are not able to use integration features, Therefore you have to troubleshooting your computer to find out your specific solution. After performing this task you should restart your computer. In troubleshooting you will have to check all the devices of your computer is working properly or not. All the devices should be connected to your PC properly. If it is not connected then you have to remove devices from your computer and connect them again. You have to restart your computer. You will get solution surly.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You have to change credentials, which is already saved in your computer. You have to shut down your VM and go to VM setting. You will find the setting after right click on your virtual machine folder. You will login the Credentials page and delete the page which is already exist on your VM. Pages are already saved along with XP mode. After deleting the saved pages you will launch the XP mode and see a prompt to rename the VM. The prompt something like this: virtualxp\username and password.

You want to rename your VM then you have to go to save the settings of VM. Go to the c drive and choose C:\Users\Your_Username\Virtual Machines drive, After finding the destination copy .vmcx file and paste it into same drive. Now you can copy and paste the file in notepad, save and close the fileOpen Folder Options and can do rename the file.

You may rename the file using the integration feature when your VM allows it to do. Your VM is running on windows XP mode and you want to rename the VM allow primary DNS. Then you should restarts the VM. You will enter the user name and domain name, VM will get start and to rename use filesytem.

Windows is newest version of Microsoft.You want to download application and install it on your VM, there is very easy way to do it. Installation of the application is very straight-forwarding. There will be a setup of the application click on it and follow the instructions.Setup installation will started soon.