Thread: How to disable hardware virtualization

How to disable hardware virtualization

I am using windows 7 and i wanted to know how can i disable the hardware virtualization , how can i disable the hardware virtualization on my desktop computer. After a long research i am not getting the procedure to disable the hardware virtualization on my system. As far as i know there is an option for disabling the hardware virtualization, but I can't find it in the Windows 7 version. Please guide me in this regard.

Re: How to disable hardware virtualization

To do this try to perform the following steps.

• From command prompt as administrator and starting as we need privileges.
    • Then we copy our current boot entry to another name such as "Windows VHD BOOT"

bcdedit / copy (current) / d "Windows VHD BOOT"

Now with our boot bcedit we list for our new post Now we set our virtual disk.

C: \ Windows \ system32> bcdedit / set
    hd = [E:] \ Virtual Machine \ XP 2 \ XP.vhd
    The operation completed successfully.

When we pass a physical machine to a virtual machine, or change virtualization software to a VMWare virtual pc or other alternartives, our team may not start because of all the hardware changes that suffers from migration. To do this we can tell that you start with a layer of hardware abstraction using generic hardware.

Thanks for the replies as i have disabled the hardware virtualization on my system i would like to know after disabling how can i get this virtualization enabled in future please tell me i will be very much thankful to you. Since there appears a need of hardware virtualization in future since i will be running 5 to 6 computers. Thanks for replying.

Follow the instructions which are mentioned below in order to get this problem fixed.
    1. Restart the computer and physical press Del to enter BIOS setup before booting the primary operating system.
    2. Select the BIOS functions and press Enter:
    3. In the window of the BIOS functions Advanced, select the Function CPU and press Enter:
    4. In the window function CPU, make sure that the virtualization technology is enabled. If it is deactivate and select virtualization technology and press Enter:
    5. In the window that appears, select Enable and press Enter:
    6. Now, the function of hardware virtualization is enabled. Save the BIOS settings and turn off exit (do not restart) the computer host. The settings only take effect once the host will restart.