Thread: Serial Port Failure on windows 7.

Serial Port Failure on windows 7.

Currently I am having mechanization system with 16bit software that linked through com1 to my 64bit computer system. Through the vista I am using VMware machine but currently I am struggling to make the XP mode work with 64bit windows 7 pro. I have linked the external device to old Thinkpad running windows 98 and it is working good in short serial port failure on windows 7.

Re: Serial Port Failure on windows 7.

Before providing any solution it will be better if you can provide some more information relate to your issue. First of all are you having matching comp ports or not. Actually the thing I mean is that are you having com1 on your host computer system that is mapped to the com1 in you virtual machine. If you are not having that setting then you can try for that, because I have seen many times that this fixes the weird issues.

Well I am not confident that I have done the mapping exactly in the same way that is required. The thing is that my MB only has one serial header for setting to com1 that is the standard default IRQ and also the address range. Basically the guest com1 is configured to physical port and in the XP device manager the IRQ and the address match up the host. But I am not confident about the procedure of mapping.

I am struggling to communicate with the other single board computer through the use of serial cable. It is working well on my older XP machine. Hence I am having the idea about the setting in need to do, but the thing is that on my latest windows 7 machine linking through the com port header on the mother board. I am confident about the setting that I have done are perfectly right. Now the thing I want to know is that does windows 7 handles serial communication perfectly or not.

I was also facing similar problem, and I have finalized that the problem is with the virtual pc. And I am not ashamed of telling you that till now I have not found the solution for the problem that I am facing. But discovered and effective workaround and the workaround is that I have bought a USB to serial port converter that working good as com1within and also outside of virtual PC.

Virtual Serial Port Driver is a driver that creates virtual serial ports and connects the two via a virtual null-modem cable. The applications of the two sides of a pair can exchange data so that whatever is written on the first port will appear on the second and vice versa. All virtual serial ports work and behave exactly like real, emulating all their parameters. You can create as many pairs of virtual ports that you want, so you'll always have enough serial ports and do not require additional hardware overloading your desktop

As far as I know Virtual Serial Port Driver gives you the opportunity to create an unlimited number of virtual serial ports. The created ports are located in the "ports" group in the Device Manager, which means they will be visible and easily accessed by all the equipment you install. You can specify which application has access to the port defined.