Thread: Windows 7 professional host, windows XP guest full screen is not working.

Windows 7 professional host, windows XP guest full screen is not working.

I am having windows 7 professional on my laptop studio with the resolution 1920X1080. Recently I have configured windows XP mode, with the virtual PC and the also the required updates for enabling the integration feature. I have done the setting for full screen mode but the problem is that Windows 7 professional host, windows XP guest full screen is not working.

Re: Windows 7 professional host, windows XP guest full screen is not working.

I think the action menu is not containing full screen. Just for confirming are you use the latest virtual PC in windows 7 64 bit. If you are facing problem like this might be there is something you are missing. Try to disable the integration features, and check whether the full screen is working for you or not. Try these things and let me know the result.

Thanks for the reply that you have given but the thing is that if I am enabling the integration features the full screen menu in the action menu cannot be seen. But if I am disabling the features everything goes back to normal. This problem is occurring only with few of my computer system and all the other computer system is having full screen option in both cases.

The description that you are giving is not normal according to because I have not seen such kind of behavior of machines. I think you have messed up with the virtual machine configuration. Try to shut down your virtual machine and then start that thing again. For doing this you need to go through Start menu then to settings then to windows security and after that you have choose the shut down button. After doing this start that thing again. I am sure that this will solve the problem that you are facing.

I have followed the suggestion that you have given but unfortunately no result, still facing the same problem. May be you are right on the node that I have messed up with the configuration of virtual machine. Is there any solution you can provide for solving this problem rather than telling me to re-install my virtual machine so that full screen can work?

I am not sure that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing. Try to alter the resolution inside the virtual machine to a smaller one compared to the screen resolution your host was having and after that reboot the virtual machine and check whether the full screen on your computer system is working or not. Let me know result so that I can try to help you in a better way.

The only thing I can suggest is to uninstall and after that install the integration features again for checking the results. For uninstalling it you need to follow simple procedure that is go to control panel and from there go to Add or Remove Programs and then choose the virtual PC integration components and after that reboot the system in windows XP mode.