Thread: Cluster Validation fails - SCSI 3 Persistent Reservation

Cluster Validation fails - SCSI 3 Persistent Reservation

I am running with the Dell Blade PEm600 and PRM610 connecting with an Equallogic PS 4000. They all are iscsi boot off the storage. When working with the cluster validatioin, dell suggested with :

1. Come up with the w2k8-cluster-witness disk online, initialize the same and then configure it again offline
    2. Come up with the w2k8-cluster-data disk online, initialize this and then configure it back offline.

Then after launch the cluster validation, if I perform the same and then the SCSI 3 Persistent reservations pass. But if I launch the validate cluster after the cluster has been made, it got failed the SCSI 3 persistent test. I have done the upgradation to the PS4000 firmware with the recently edition and there is no change at all .

Re: Cluster Validation fails - SCSI 3 Persistent Reservation

Hi friend !! In this situation, some official help would be appropriate for you now. The official help would be provided, if you have valid report file. If you have then you will have to take the cluster validation report with the "storage validation log from entire nodes" to Dell and find out other requirement for the help and then ask them to investigate about the same issue . Validation should pass at all times for compatibility .

At the time of validation of the Windows 2008 cluster you should encounter the in the subject indicated as the failure in this case. You can have more information regarding the SCSI-3 Persistent Reservation is and why Windows 2008 Clusterings needs the same..

Working with Windows 2008, a number of new clustering services have been made available, create a cluster much simple but also associate a lot of self-healing features. This creates it a lot simpler to control the clusters and these new properties will entice the users to migrate to the Windows Server 2008 Clustering.

For those who may be getting the complexities with this type of issue. After raising a support call with the Dell Equallogic, establishing so many Microsoft patches and performing a firmware updates on the Equallogic. The issues were still in the residence...

So after collecting some investigation, I got that the switches our company has just purchased and established are not on the Switch compatibility Matrix for Equallogic. So we have some different support call raised with Brocade associated with the switches as they state they do compatible with iscsi and so on ....
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I am suffering with the same issue with my Equallogic PS6000. When I contact to the technical support then they suggested the same thing, update the firmware and go through thg installation of ms patches. I finished the installation of patches and will be upgrade my firmware as quick as be done .

I am working with the Starwind target software right now that is getting implemented and executed in my lab environment however I would rather not have to buy the full version if I can ignore the same .

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem when I boot my Blades off the storage(in diskless state).

We are using Dell PEm600s and PDM610s with a Equallogic PS 4000 and Brocade switches. Originally the Big Iron RXs but these aren't supported and now the Fast Iron X series 424.

We are still getting the same failures. I am going to update to the latest PS4000 firmware today and retest. I have asked Dell to come onsite and fix the issue.

I would love either a Cisco switch to test with or a Dell Switch to test with....if all these problems are due to the Brocade....well there are just no words....