Thread: Windows 7 Starter GPO CAB files

Windows 7 Starter GPO CAB files

Would you locate me the .cab files for the Windows 7 Starter GPOs. The only documentation that I have suggests that they are entitled within the Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2 and will be installed by default if you make the Starter GPOs directory with one of these OS. After all, if you have already generated the Starter GPOs directory specified with the Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008 RTM, What is location of the cab files to associate these Starter GPOs to the directory ?

Re: Windows 7 Starter GPO CAB files

According to the result of my test, if the starter GPO directory was made before moving for Windows 7/R2 system, the new one system starter GPO will not be get ready . To found these latest built-on starter GPOs, you are able to remove the previously made StarterGPOs directory within the \\DomainName\SYSVOL\DomainName and then generate the Starter GPO directory through the Windows 7 or R2 system. Please backup your previous starter GPO primarily, if is is important .

Thanks.

There are none of them like this yet. However ,there is the latest Security Compliance Manager which you can obtain from the http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en . it have the GPO accelerator that contains the GPO related configuration that were another section of the Starter GPO. you need to take a look at the GPO accelerator and allow the accelerator to have the GPOs made for you. Once they got generated , you are able to work with them as the starter GPOs.

I hope, it would be helpful for you ...

This is not functioning properly but I may be wrong in some cases , this is the following things that I have done :

1. I have removed the StarterGPOs directory on sysvol
    2. I logged on into the windows 7 client, start gpmc and click on to the create starter GPOs
    3. Complete the creation of Starter GPOs .
    4. There are four starter GPOs for Windows Vista and four starter GPOs for Windows XP system

However, the starter GPOs for Windows 7 are still getting lost.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Yeah !!! there is no any Starter GPO for Windows 7. System Starter Group Policy objects (GPOs) for the below described situation are available within the Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 with Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT):

• Windows Vista Enterprise Client (EC)
    • Windows Vista Specialized Security Limited Functionality (SSLF) Client
    • Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) EC
    • Windows XP SP2 SSLF Client

One of the popular and well suggested newly implemented features of Windows 2008 is the working of Starter Group Policies. You are able to make the “template” group policy which can be used for a latest Group Policy. Under this templates , you are able to make the common configurations for your company, so you are also able to save your valuable time of making configuration of new Group Policy.

You can go for the downloading of Starter GPO Package, this are collections of configured Administrative templates (.admx) policy configuration which can be used to make a live Group Policy (GPO).