Thread: NLB Dedicated server question

NLB Dedicated server question

I configured a client which is now moving to host a lot of video content. I am just considering of getting a controlled dedicated server to perform the same . most controlled services only got facilitated with a 100 Mbps connection. Is it possible to work with the NLB to have two servers so that I can go for using two 100 Mbps to share the load. According to me , I have dedicated server by two different providers to make sure about the availability.

I will be working with the windows media services. Any suggestion regarding the dedicated server providers.

Re: NLB Dedicated server question

Hi Smokin JOE,
    If you need to have this here load balancing for the incoming traffic you are able to go with the NIC teaming that required to be compatible from your NIC vendor. NLB has the capability through which we can used the same to distribute (load balance) the network traffic within the NLB members (nodes).

Network Load Balancing, a clustering technology involves the functionality in the Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Datacenter Server operating systems, enhances the feasibility and of mission-critical, TCP/IP operated services like Web, Terminal Services, virtual private networking and streaming media servers. This internal and external elements executes within cluster hosts as another section of the Windows 2000 operating system and needs not any specified dedicated hardware compatibility . To scale the performance, Network Load Balancing distributes the IP traffic across more than one cluster hosts.

Error 0x800706ba NLB

I am running with two standalone Windows 2003 server SP1 . I can have node A in the cluster properly without any issues at all, but node B is getting the issues when I moved to join the server to the cluster. The local administrators password are the similar and they are running within the same workgroup. I do have McAfee Entercept running on both of the servers, but according to the McAfee that should not make any bad improvement Microsoft's NLB; I will be checking this though. You need to go for the LAN connection features have to have the same services installed? Any suggestion would be appreciated ?

I am running in the same situation and same issue as well as the workaround it same but have some issues with the errors messages which are not described in the above post, the error are as follows :

1- Could not read the configuration interface
    "{A215B2C1-0BE1045A4-B070-BD5DF00963F8}: error 0x800706ba

2- Update 2 failed with error 0x800706ba

3- DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer irvwebhost4 using any of
    the configured protocols.

As I am not an expert regarding this but have done some practicals with my friend and you know this can be resolve after making few changes in the configuration and would be resolved in this way:

RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE

Just be sure that you can RPC from one node to different one , computer management interface based upon the RPC.

Good luck.