Thread: Windows XP SP3 in Virtual Machine at Windows 7 x64, no local drives connected

Windows XP SP3 in Virtual Machine at Windows 7 x64, no local drives connected

Does all pc are compatible with the XP mode of Windows 7. This is the double which always staying in my mind. I don't think that this will be mad for all pc. A feature that eventually will be available with the professional version of Windows 7. I had tried to run the setup of the same and in window of vmware found that all drivers is not connected. Does anyone has got more issue in the same.

Re: Windows XP SP3 in Virtual Machine at Windows 7 x64, no local drives connected

This mode allows you to run all Windows 16 and 32 bit and have a free license of Windows XP SP3 operable within a virtual machine. Be careful, this virtual machine does not work quite the same way that Virtual PC 2007. It is based in effect on the material functions of processors, such as Intel Virtualization Technology features and AMD-V. The mode of Windows XP 7 is innovative but requires rest directly on the CPU.

Re: Windows XP SP3 in Virtual Machine at Windows 7 x64, no local drives connected

The hardware of Intel VT and AMD-V are quiet supportive to Windows XP mode 7 amd the same it indicates that Virtual PC 2007 is still running. It will be possible to run applications that do not work properly on Vista / Seven, and this is obviously a new argument for convincing those who did not want to upgrade to Vista. There can be some driver issue in the same.

The virtual machine XP is only available for Windows versions Seven Professional Edition (Professional Edition) and Windows Ultimate Edition Seven (Ultimate Edition). Microsoft recommends 15GB of free space for your virtual machine XP. If you have an Intel processor, download Intel Processor Identification Utility and after installing and starting up the software verify that Virtualization Technology Intel (R) is set to yes in the tab Processor Technology.

I am have AMD processor and I found that to run virtual pc I will need to download AMD Virtualization Compatibility Check Utility. Install the software and verify that your processor is compatible. Unfortunately I could not test this utility does not have AMD processor. Make sure that the option is enabled in the BIOS. You must seek the Virtualization Technology option, in my case the menu Advanced BIOS Features. Enable this option by placing its value to Enabled.

Download and run the Windows XP installation mode and follow the instructions in the wizard, the operation may be a bit long. Note that the wizard will ask you to set a password for Windows XP mode and enable or disable automatic updates. At the end of the installation the virtual machine starts automatically with Windows XP. You should be familiar with the same. Installation is main support.

Windows Virtual PC allows you to copy and paste files between Windows 7 and Windows XP VM (Virtual Machine). You can run directly from Windows 7 applications installed on Windows XP Virtual Machine and it also allows access to the tree through Windows XP VM Windows 7. You can also access your printer through Windows XP Virtual Machine and use your USB devices.