Thread: Windows experience index for memory

Windows experience index for memory

I am having a custom made desktop which is running with windows 7. I would like to know what the experience index is all about. I would like to know how can i get the windows experience index. How can i get the windows experience index of my memory. If possible also tell me whether the windows experience really affects the performance. Thanks in Advance

Re: Windows experience index for memory

Windows Experience Index (WEI) measures the performance capabilities of your computer. Know your WEI index can help you choose the software that your computer can handle. Given that many software companies write down their programs according to the same scale starting WEI of 1.0, it is easy to choose the programs to be executed efficiently on your computer. For example, if your computer has an index of 4.2 for gaming graphics, your computer will run a game with a maximum score of 4.2 for graphics.

To find your Windows Experience Index Index, click Start, type system in the search bar, then click system in the search list. The number in the highlighted field is your WEI index. This number is based on the lowest score in five categories including: CPU, memory (RAM), graphics, game graphics and the primary hard drive. To view scores for each category, click Windows Experience Index.

Windows Experience Index calculates the competence of the hardware and software configuration of your computer and It is measured in terms of base scores. If the base score is higher then this clearly indicates that your computer will perform much more better and be quicker, especially if you are performing an advanced tasks which requires a number of resources, including a computer base score is lower.

As far as i know five scores are displayed in the Performance Information and Tools. A low score does not prevent you to run a program, however, you can use your WEI index as a benchmark to obtain optimum performance on your computer. For more information, click on What do these numbers mean on the same window in the right side. Hopefully it will provide you all the details of your computer.

The windows Experience is usually used to measure the capability of your system and it is measured in base scores. The base scores currently range from 1 to 5.9. Windows Experience Index is designed to support improvements in computer technology. As as the performance and speed equipment improve, higher base scores will be introduced. However, the standards for each level index remain the same. For example, the score of a computer is equal to 2.8, unless you decide to upgrade the hardware.

To open Performance Information and Tools, Select the Start button , Click Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, and then click Performance Information and Tools. It will prompt for the subscore as well as the base score enter the values Windows Experience Index for your computer. If you have upgraded your hardware and want to know if your score has changed, click on Update my score. If the sub-base scores and a base score is not visible, click Evaluate this computer.