Thread: Windows 7 explorer.exe: Multiple instances stay running

Windows 7 explorer.exe: Multiple instances stay running

I have a problem since yesterday, whenever the CPU from 10% / 20% to 100% and it is explorer.exe which is 100%. When I did I complete the process and the recovery by causing "new task" it is up to 20%. I did a tune up Utility 2010, Ccleaner, Spybot and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware but it found no viruses. It have multiple instances running, when i end the task. Have you any idea? Thank you.

Re: Windows 7 explorer.exe: Multiple instances stay running

To remedy this problem it is a first step to disable previews:
    Start / Run / regsvr32-u shmedia.dll. Then you edit the registry (Start / Run / regedit), then delete the following entry:
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ CLSID \ (87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850D C73E) \ InProcServer32"
    In some systems, the key lies in the following location:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ CLSID \ (87D62D94-71B3-9489-4b9a-5FE6850DC73E). Then simply rename it in the putting a minus sign (-): - (87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489)-5FE6850DC73E.

If the bug is following a crash blackout, "I fear that the system has been damaged, you can try to test the system, but for that you need to launch the console with full administrator rights which is not simple if the start menu unlock, however via the task manager is possible. Ctrl + alt + del to start task manager
    -> Process -> show processes from all users (to have the charges advanced)
    -> Application tab, new task steps CMD and tick "create this task with administrative privileges" and valid
    -> In the window taps sfc / scannow and valid to test the system so if you see system files are corrupted and if you're lucky to get the windows could be repaired.

The process known as explore. Exe manages a number of tasks. It is composed of three threads, each of them holds a special role in the functioning of the computer. Windows Explorer, the operation of the taskbar and the desktop depend intimately on the process. Often computer errors occur at these levels. Sometimes, explore. Exe monopolizes all the resources available. By accessing the task manager, so there it takes 98% to 100% of CPU. What does that lack of resources.

There are three possibilities for finally settle this problem in Windows. The first is a transaction in the registry. To access this database, simply run the following command sequence. We must go to the Start menu in Windows and then click "Run", type "regedit" and confirm with "OK". The registry editor opens on the field displaying the five key registry available. We first held the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Among the sub-keys, select SOFTWARE, then Microsoft and Windows.

Another possibility is simply to restart the process explorer.exe. To do this, we must go through the task manager for key combination Ctrl + Alt + Delete. You click on the tab "Processes", we choose explorer.exe in the list and then select "Stop process". It only remains to relaunch the process: always in the task manager, it goes on "File" then "New Task (Run. ..), it captures and validates explorer.exe. The Office, Windows Explorer and start menu will work again.